Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-07-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
I want to add a fin to the nose of my Landlock, and need some feedback. I would've posted in wakesurfing, but my question isn't really surf specific.

I run A-wings in the stock spots on each side in back. I love the way it rides, but I need some grip for switch riding.

I'm pretty sure I only want a single fin in the center, but how do I deal with the stringer? Drill right thru it and seal the inside of the holes? Maybe epoxy some kind of insert into it?

Any help appreciated.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure those boards don't have a stringer as its not shaped like a surf blank (if it did it would be lots more expensive) and since it's closed cell foam it probably won't take on that much water. I'd just drill through it. bottom to top and slap a fin on there. be careful when tightening it up as that spot is not going to be reinforced.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-07-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
I thought all compression molded wakeboards had stringers?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Not all boards have stringers. Some use wood under the inserts and some drop them in a plastic box(same with fin boxes). It does not mean that it runs the length of the board or that they are in the middle. CWB's Platinum core has composite rods that run most of the length but are set 3-4 inches off the insert pattern. When it comes to wakesurf boards I think that most do not. Most of the wood used in boards is for the inserts. Too bad too, wood has a rigidity quality that many boards could use.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
my buddy built a molded fin using epoxy on the front of his coex. Works really well, you might want to give that a shot before you start drilling holes.