Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-09-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Well had an awesome day on the water up to the point where I attempted a Tantrum(not the first attempt) and landed short and tweaked my ankle pretty bad. Less than an hour later its swollen and now 3 hours later I can hardly even limp on it. Anyone ever had anything like this and how long were you out... I go in for Xrays tommorrow.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Its most likely a bad sprain which is actually worse than a break because it takes so damn long to heal. I sprained my ankle pretty badly a couple seasons ago and it didn't feel right for a year or so. I suggest you either get some CWB Zeus' or Hyperlite 3DS which are both designed for really good ankle support. I went to the highbacks (now 3DS) a couple months after i hurt my ankle because i couldn't ride in my other bindings and they really helped.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
just checked your profile and it says you ride the sphynx, thats probably the problem right there, lol
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-09-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Tyler that sucks. If it is a bad sprain make sure it heals up before you ride or it will nag you forever (I'm such a hypocrite for saying that lol)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Tyler were you at Prinville?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-09-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
all info is correct, a bad ankle sprain will be worse than a break. I had two very bad sprains, it took 4-8 weeks before they felt normal. If you do not let them heal, they will nag forever.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
the worst part about ankle sprains is that when you think its better and decide to go ride, it generally isn't and you tweak it again
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-09-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
I did the exact same thing about 4 years ago and ended up on crutches with a goofy air/gel cast.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-09-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
yea last real bad ankle sprain/ligament strain i had took 7 weeks before i could go full speed without hurting..
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-09-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Bummer deal man, I know what you're goin through fightin an injury. Fortunately I think I'm past mine, after a few months. Whenever you're better give me a call and we'll ride.
Randy, let me know if you guys are ever actually in town, I'd love to ride with ya, your boat or mine.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-09-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses guys but yeah bum deal but i hope its just a sparin and nothin torn or pulled... keepin my fingers crossed.
Randy- yeah we were at PVR and I think we saw you by jasper point but you took off before we could say whats up, but now i know your boat...looks pretty good too
Nick- yeah i hear ya. So your backs doin fine now huh? I was at training for work all nite in a wheelchair just to keep pressure off it for 5 hours, but xray and checkup is tommorrow so hopin for the best... oh and i finally got a new phone so my social life is back
Tyler
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-10-2006, 1:21 AM Reply   
Tyler, Good luck with the x-rays, hope your not out to long. That wasen't us at PVR, alex is in Kolowna this weekend. Nick, sorry we haven't been able to hook up, between all the comps and his coaching schedule he hasen't been around much. Portland this weekend, then he's in Cali on the Delta for a week on his way to the Reno stop. I lost my phone and all my contact numbers, send me a PM with your cell number.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
I sprained my ankle really badly when I was about 15 and it hurt like hell. I had a plastercast put on (for about 4 weeks IIRC) and the ankle felt weak for about 6 months afterwards.

I hope you like watching others ride, cos you may be doing a bit of that for a while.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Well doctor says I have a slight fracture in my ankle from what seems to be a previous injury and its still healing ... now I need to go back in to have a catscan done on my ankle to see exactly how bad I pulled or slightly tore one of my tendons, cant remember which one he said it was but Im gonna be out for a few months atleast...so I guess I'll get really good at driving the boat haha.
Tyler
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-10-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yeah Randy, I know you guys are busy, nothing to be sorry about. I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm mad or something. Just let me know if something ever works out. I'll probably see you in portland.