Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (abouda)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-06-2010, 9:46 PM Reply   
I just wanted to know if this would work as a good setup. i'm basically a beginner still working on my w2w so i was just wondering if this board and bindings would be good for me.
Old     (abouda)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-06-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
I was also thinking about buying the new 2010 watson, so i would appreciate it if anyone has any idea which one would be better (watson or murray)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
well, first off, rocker type is one of the first things to look at in board characteristics.

the Watson is an aggressive threestage for more of an aggressive/ bucking style of pop

the murray is a very mellow threestage and will have less of a straight up pop than the watson

this is NOT to say that one will give you more pop or more air than the other, just a different kind of pop. its more of a preference and style thing... Actually pretty much everything is a preference thing. ;)

Also, there are 4 Watson boards for 2010 just in case you were not aware
Watson Classic (older shape)
Watson (new shape) <<< i guess this is the one your looking at
Watson Hybrid (new shape with a more flexable core and a base for hitting rails)
Watson Fly (new shape with a lighter and stiffer core)

------------------------------

as for the marek boots, they are the stiffest/most supportive boots in hyperlite's line. if that is YOUR preference and you like the idea of a super supportive boot, then you are looking at the right stuff

**Most important, demo IF at all possible to see what YOU like.

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 06, 2010)
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^ +1

Jeremy has the right idea...its all about preference!! and DEMO if you can
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-07-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
I agree, the only problem you might run into is that the setup isnt the style you want. You are looking at good products, as they are all pro-models for three of the best riders in the world. Try them out if you can, or at least look at what you have ridden in the past and pick features based on what you liked and didnt like.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
and here are some nice instructionals on wake jumps
check the last video on the bottom left of this page
http://www.humanoidwake.com/

and check out this one too
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2258