Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (5oclocksomewhere)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
I think thats how you spell it, anyway I saw one in a play it again sports and was wondering if any one new anything about them, it was about 5'6" traditional surf with three flexible fins, the price was 275, the other larger boards in similar condition were under 100 any info would be great. thanks
Old    mobster            01-31-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
Matt Kechele www.freakinfo.comUpload
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Matt Kechele. He's an awesome shaper. Mainly shapes high performance short boards. I've had a few Kecheles. I liked everyone of them. However, for wakesurfing I'm not too sure they would work that well. If it's a 5'6 grom board you would have a hard time surfing it behind a boat. I bet the board would be too narrow and have way too much rocker in it. Just my opinion though. It would be nice to know some dimensions. Now if you could find a really flat and wide fish that would be another story.
Old     (5oclocksomewhere)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
after I thought about it ,it was very narrow, especially at the tip, thanks for the info though, I bought a ronnix surf board and my son and I are having a hard time getting goin on it so I have been looking for something to learn on
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Brian, I will tell you that I learned on a 6'10 Yancy Spencer Big Guy Fish.

Dimensions are: Nose:18 x Width:22.5 x Tail:16 x 3 inches thick.

The board is VERY stable. I come a surfing background. Never been able to ride the skim style boards at all.

Here is a video of a buddy of mine riding my fish. He's 6'3 and goes about 230 lbs. He thinks the board needs to be about a foot shorter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrSD8artu64

This video is another friend of mine who had never wakesurfed before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Es68wAx9I
Old     (5oclocksomewhere)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
I bought the ronnix on impulse, I have two kids so I imagine it will get used , but I road a skurfer when they first come out so that kind of dates me , anyway I think the surf style will be more my style, where can I get the big board at ? thanks for the vid ,it helps to see average joes riding, going to go saturday or sunday
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-01-2008, 5:01 AM Reply   
I've read excellent things about the Inland Surfer blue board. That would have been the first board I bought had I not had 6 other surfboards in my quiver. I found that the 6'10 I have just worked better than any of my other boards. I just got a shredstixx ja mako. Here is one board that is very similar to mine with the exception it is 2 inches shorter and not quite as wide. It's close though.

http://shop.innerlightsurf.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SBYS68-0002!245
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       02-01-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Brian,
Stay away from ocean boards. For the most part they are way to big for behind a boat. Most wakesurf boards are in the 4'6" to 5'6" range. I weigh 275 and I ride a 5' board. The longer board may work but really limit what tricks you can do. A 360 on a 6' board would be next to impossible where I can do 360's on my 5' board.