Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    wakebmxer            07-22-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Anyone have any suggestions on where to go in Hawaii. Never been and want to go in September. Somewhere to wakeboard????
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-22-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Mike, learn to scuba dive then go. It will open up a whole new world to you.

There are a couple of people that ride over there. One has a Super Air and I believe lives on Maui. I know Aaron has ridden on the Wailua river (Kauai), but as I have said before the locals won't go near it if they have a cut, due to infection.

Maui or Oahu are probably your best bets.
Photo taken while snorkling
Upload
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Your best bet for hooking up a ride is Oahu or Kauai. Email Eh Brah from this site. He's on Oahu and has a 2005 SV 211 Team Edition. They ride at Keehi Lagoon at the waterski club.

On Kauai, you can ride on the Wailua River. They have a shop that runs Mailbu's but no ballast. I think they may run the wedge though. Do a search on this Website for Hawaii boarding. Ryan Seibring lives on Kauai and has connections on the river.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Ryan,

Sorry for the no sho with Stan when you were in town, I wanted to check out the guy who rides 27 mph....next time.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
No worries Mike, we'll definitely do it next time I come to town.

Nothing special about riding at 27mph, a lot of guys do it. I started riding faster when I went to a rope length of 85ft a couple of years ago. I'd been at 26-26.5 for the last 3 years but when I switched from the Obrien Vision to the Vice at the end of last year, I needed a little more speed because it seemed the Vice was a hair slower then the Vision. Plus, I had put on about 10-15lbs so that was slowing me down too.

End of hijack
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Mike,

I live on Oahu and try to ride 3-4 times a week. I ride at the ski lane off the airport, great water and good vibes. If you're on Oahu, I can hook you up with a pull (or two, or three). PM if you want to exchange phone numbers and stuff.

Aloha,

Alan
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Depending on how long you are going to be there and depending on the budget I would go to both Oahu and Kauai. I and my wife just got back from our honey moon there. on Oahu there is lots of adventure. Hanauma Bay (spelling?) is a great place for diving and all other activities.
The island of Oahu generally provides lots of entertainment. If you’re looking for a cultural experience--- check the "PPC" OR Polynesian Cultural Center. Awesome shows, especially the night show and the Samoa representation village is absolutely hilariously memorable. If you’re a history kinda person then Oahu will be good with the Pearl Harbor and all. Both Oahu and Kauai will provide excellent movie sites if you’re a movie fan. The tall vertical razor-backed green cliffed coast in many movies, including Jurassic park are in Kauai
Kauai is an Eden like paradise. If you’re looking to relax (especially between boarding) Id definitely go to Kauai. My wife and I enjoyed the Kauai Island most. The zip line tour we took there in Princeville ranch in the north of the island was the most spectacular fun of the entire trip. TAKE A CHOPPER TOUR!!! (My wife and I took island helicopters... they have a special online rate.)
I know wakeboarding will be a highlight, but I would look into some other activities and things the islands have to offer too.
Check hawaiiwebdesign
} I went through them to book allot of things. Coupon books can be found everywhere on all the islands too... so don't bother ordering any coupon books.
if you want more info e-mail me}}
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-26-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
i also just got back from kauai. if you like kayaking we did a 17 mile kayak around the napali coast which was amazing it wasnt to bad we were going with the waves. we did it through a company called "napali kayak" the guides were awsome.

shipwreck beachhas really nice waves if you like to surf.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-27-2006, 12:21 AM Reply   
Hey Riley,
Was your guide Ivan?

check out www.purekauai.com
Activities, accommadations, etc.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Is there any wakeboarding on Maui? I'm thinking about doing something silly like moving.
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-27-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Mike-
I'm trying to get a winch here on Maui.
I have lived here for the past year I found a few spots that are perfect.
Old    wakebmxer            07-27-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Did Casey tell you we Rode Lucchessi pond behind my winch???? Have you boarded over there yet?
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-27-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Mike
Yes, Casey told me you guys rode in there that's great! No wakeboarding here, I see guy's out with fishing boats once in awhile.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
Mike - My wife & I just got got from Kauai rode the Wailua River & was really nice, Kauai has to be my favorite out of all the ilands. Check it out. If ya go make sure ya visit the BLUE ROOM.

Cheers
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-28-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Ryan Siebring (lostkgb78) no but we talked to him for awhile i know who you are talking about my guide was digs and brent im pretty sure.
Old    wakeboard_kauai            08-01-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Wailua river kauai is the best place to ride,the
only fresh water riding in the state.contact kauai
waterski surf and kayak 808-822-3574 e-mail
surfski@aloha.net ps, you do not
have to worry about infection, the water is as good as its gets
Old    wakeboard_kauai            08-02-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
jocelyn-hey, im starting to do tricks but im not quit sure the way most ppl do them is it difficult to learn}
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-03-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
here are some pics......

this is the Wailua

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=240

Kenny did you get a Wakesetter VLX yet?