Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-15-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
OK now thatI got you attention..

So the main lake was open... entrance to our bay had some ice.. (100' of so I had to break though... mainly slushy stuff) and then the fun part. to get to the dock.. Most of the bay was open but the whole side on where our cottage was still had ice..
Now notice the "L" pattern.. as I couldn't come in straight.. I got stuck on top of the ice and had to back out...and take a different plan of attack.

These were the conditions as of Saturday... this comming thursday we get our Mastercraft...

Sunday's high is going to be 18 degrees celcious.. so I think we're going to bust out the wakeboard!! Full wet suit and DON'T fall in the water!!! I suspect hypothermia will set in really quickly!! Water is goin to be just above freezing!

Upload

(Message edited by gti2lo on April 15, 2007)
Old    malibu73            04-16-2007, 4:50 AM Reply   
Crazy...
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-16-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
you're my hero....
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-16-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
Yall need to move to Texas.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Brrrrr!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-16-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I'm with ya pierce. even tho tx felt like that on sunday.

you should ask your dealer if drysuits come with the MC
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Greg,

You are crazy! I wouldn't even go outside.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-16-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Here is typical Texas weather month. Hot as hell one weekend, snowing the next. There is a saying in Texas if you don’t like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change

Im curious to know how the heck you get out of your bindings?
Old     (dozzzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-16-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
I wouldn't put the boat in if I were you. One hot day may melt the ice on the surface, but that doesn't mean there aren't big chunks floating around ready to damage your prop.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-16-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
Ok... I have some common sense... I know about floating ice.. all ice was gone but in the recent cold snap some reformed.

Travis- I'll take a pic of the water temp before I go in!!! (reminder to self... do not fall take it easy!)

Ask Kyle the coldest water he's ever been it.. definetly a Canuk thing... haha