Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-10-2013, 2:07 PM Reply   
Anyone ever heard of these towers?

I have a 97 ski brendella with an extended pylon, but I have been tossing the idea around to get a tower even though I hate to drill into the boat. Came across this website, but for the prices it seems too good to be true.

Also has anyone ever installed a tower yourself?

http://www.bigairpylons.com/
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-10-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
I bought the vapor tower and put it on my first boat. They gave me a hell of a deal on the tower and 2 racks. The tower only took half a day to put on. It wasn't the most solid tower, but great for the price.
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-10-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
I run an H2O tower on my older Supreme, it works well thus far for me. I'm 190 and run 1000lbs or so...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-11-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
The H20 is a great tower for the money, very solid tower.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-11-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
Did you install it yourself? is it easy to do with two people?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-11-2013, 12:13 PM Reply   
I put mine on mostly by myself. Laying everything out is the toughest part. After that, just put it together.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       06-11-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
I purchased a universal pylon from them, great price. I put a tower on my boat last year,almost went with the vapor tower but went a wake works (aerial airborne) instead.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-11-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
I had one of those on my old 1990 Brendella that could also be used as a barefoot boom when you loaded it sideways. It worked fine for what it was but it still won't make a Brendella a wakeboard boat even though it was far better than the Four Winns I/O I had before that with a full tower. From that perspective it will work similarly to a wakeboard tower.
Old     (MTwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-11-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
I had a 91 Brendella that I installed a tower on myself. I bought a Joystick Pro-Series tower because of the price. Install took me about a day. I was able to do most of it myself and only needed a friends help for about an hour or two at the end. I don't know about other tower brands, but Joystick has some really good install directions and information for their towers. If you e-mail them, they will send you pics of a Brendella with the Joystick tower on it so you can see what it looks like.

To be honest though, if I had to do it over again, I would have just kept my pylon extension. I wasn't excited about drilling holes in my boat, and I didn't get any extra height with the tower. The only advantage was the ability to install a board rack, but you can get those your pylons too.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-11-2013, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwakeboard View Post
I had a 91 Brendella that I installed a tower on myself. I bought a Joystick Pro-Series tower because of the price. Install took me about a day. I was able to do most of it myself and only needed a friends help for about an hour or two at the end. I don't know about other tower brands, but Joystick has some really good install directions and information for their towers. If you e-mail them, they will send you pics of a Brendella with the Joystick tower on it so you can see what it looks like.

To be honest though, if I had to do it over again, I would have just kept my pylon extension. I wasn't excited about drilling holes in my boat, and I didn't get any extra height with the tower. The only advantage was the ability to install a board rack, but you can get those your pylons too.
I actually bought some 3" racks for my pylon but they're about 2/8" too small. I figured a tower would increase value and make boarding better. Plus I could get speakers for the tower. It's so hard to find brendellas with towers or any info at all! Is it just a drill hole with plates on the underside of the fiberglass?
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2013, 10:03 PM Reply   
Back in the day I got a Big Air Pylon tower for my 18' Larsen...payed like $900 and installed by myself. It was a bit of a chore but worked out great. Great upgrade for a runabout!
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2013, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryguy1717 View Post
Did you install it yourself? is it easy to do with two people?
I installed mine with 2 buddies and it took about 2hrs. It's very reasonable to do
Old     (MTwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-12-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
I followed the process that this guy did, and it went really well. I can't figure out how to load pictures onto here. If you want to e-mail me, I can send you ones of my old boat, as well as the ones that Joystick sent me of other Brendella's with towers.
akzoeller@gmail.com