Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-27-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
Anybody have any idea how to get to the backside of these lights? I've tried reaching thru speaker hole ...not enough room....2003 supra
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2016, 5:17 PM Reply   
Yep remove the screws and remove lights from hull. Only thing on the back side is a heat sink. I replaced the bulbs in my last boat with LED bulbs. The factory halogen lights draw a lot of juice.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-02-2016, 3:15 PM Reply   
The 4 flathead screws must have a nut on the back, it just spins.....anybody have an idea how to remove the side upholstery panel? I'm about to the point of drilling the screws out-
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2016, 6:18 PM Reply   
Should be the large Philips screws. Have you tried breaking the seal and applying outward pressure while trying to remove the screws ?? Problem is that if the interior is like other boats they are bolted on and as you have found there is no room for access. The factory puts in the side interior before mating the top cap to the hull.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-03-2016, 5:35 AM Reply   
Yeah there shouldn't be any nuts on the back side. I helped a friend pull his off on his Moomba to seal them because he said they would take in water. Just unscrewed them. One screw hole was stripped a little and it just spun like you mention, but we just put outward pressure on it and it came right out.

Now...that's not to say that they may have done things a little different at the shop. When I had a Moomba, I was all the time finding inconsistencies throughout the boat, i.e. different nut/bolt sizes where they should be uniform, different wire connectors, etc. But then again it was a Moomba which is the cheaper version of a Supra...most likely they were put together using whatever was left over from building the Supras! lol

Last edited by beg4wake; 02-03-2016 at 5:38 AM.