Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    eriksvenzen            05-31-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Hi! I got a pair of LF Alpha“s that I recently bought, and are really satisfied with them, except for one thing. I have a really hard time to get into them. Here, in Sweden, there are no binding lube to buy, so I“m wondering if there are anything else I can use. Any suggestions? (My grades in english weren“t that good, as you may see).
Old    afxsguy            05-31-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
i just use watered down dish soap. some people say it is not good for your bindings... but i havent had any problems. if you wiggle your feet when you get in the water, the soap is gone anyway. its not like you have to leave the soap on your bindings for excessive amounts of time. also consider trying shampoo. it might be better for your bindings that dish soap. just remember to be environmentally friendly

we wouldn't want to see fish dying because of the soap you use!
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-31-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
Sun screen would work to if you dont have any soap.
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
Shaving gel works really well then dissipates instantly
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
NEWT JUICE. One of the few truely dedicated companeis to this sport. They back their product 100% and won't harm your bindigns or the environment. Oh and it actually works insane!

www.newtjuice.com

Check in with Nick the owner and see how what a cool dude he is and what a great product he sells.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
I'll second the shaving gel, works great when lube isn't available.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
I use 50/50 water and herbal-essence shampoo in a spray bottle. Its biodegradable. It sprays on nice. It dissipates fast. It smells good. It does no damage to the bindings. And, a huge bottle is like $8 at costco.

It is also useful for washing the dog on the back of the boat.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
i higly reccomend against sunscreen as a lot of it is oil based and will eat away the rubber.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
Newt Juice

I'll 2nd Jason's comment about Nick. Nick is one of the coolest person you'll ever meet!
Old    devastate            05-31-2004, 11:45 PM Reply   
Sunscreen doesnt work
shaving cream is great
shampoo is the cheapest and easyest solution, put it in a spray bottle and mix it with water. the shampoo's wich have vaseline in them are great.

John
Old    dannyb            06-01-2004, 12:48 AM Reply   
I agree with buffalow, Newt juice, if you dont have it believe it or not deoderent works really well on the front of your ankle and back of your heel....Dosen't effect your bindings, but only if you don't have anything else!!!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-01-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Sunscreen will get you in, but it does mess up your bindings. I have a thin layer of white lining the inside of my bindings becasue my cousin dicided to leave the soap at home.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-01-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Use the cheap foaming shaving cream none of that gel stuff, or use Liquid Dish Soap. However shaving cream is probably the best things becuase it doesn't polute the water or ruin the bindings like soap does. Or Try hoping in the water and put your board on in the water thats seems to be the easiest for me and alot of people I know
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-01-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
dish soap, the way to go... get the enviroment friendly stuff too
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
You can also use glycerin. It is inexpensive at any pharmacy. It disapates easily. I prefer to use a surfactant based product - it disapates faster, is less viscous (can be sprayed), and cannot harm the aquatic environment or your bindings. Moose Juice is one brand that you can buy in bulk. You also can use other surfactants that are pH balanced to a 7. Just dilute until they barely work and this is the least expensive solution of all. You should be able to buy some from an industrial chemical supply.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
bar soap (dove, it floats). bottled soap. shaving creap (the can rusts). my friend has a 5 gallon jug of bottled soap. we just fill a squeaze bottle with this and mix with water. one fill lasts a month