Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    xcheese            07-24-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
I am demoing a board tomorow. i am looking at the 3 stage boards in hl's, lf's, and cwb's line with the most vertical pop( i think the parks, substance, and transcend respectively). I want to know which board clears the wake easiest( can be ridden mellower) and which spins/flips easisest. Also the most vertical vertical pop. I assume the parks does all of these the best but correct me if i'm wrong. i am coming from a 3ds that i dislike
Old    wickedwake            07-24-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
I ride the Transcend and love it. It gives huge pop, is super easy to break loose, but holds and edge like no other, extremly soft landings and is very slow. I love it.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Second on the Transcend. Ridden all of the above and went with it with no question.
The ultimate wake to wake deck.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-24-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
I would also recommend the HL Premier or the LF Fish. Both have pretty good pop and don't have to be rode as aggresivly as the parks. Demo as many as you can. Good luck and have fun!

www.boarders-paradise.com
mdavis@boarders-paradise.com
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
The transcend was too slow for my likes, but good release for spins pop and landings. The substance can be ridden more mellow than the transcend, provides excellent pop, good release for spins and perhaps a slightly harsher landing, and is more loose which I like... go Substance

one other thing, the transcend... for me anyways hates rough water with a passion, so anything but glass and stay off it... for me substance was a little more forgiving
Old    xcheese            07-24-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
thanks for the input i think ill go suvstance but the landings seem scary
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Second the HL Premier

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-24-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
go with the substance, the landings aren't that bad.
Old    foamy            07-24-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
its not a 3 stage but marius i rode one nice pop nice landing and super hold
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
give the balance a look too...i am not saying that because i ride it, i ride the jstar lyman. my roommate has one, and i rode it a while back and it had a lot more kick than my board, so i will be looking at the lf line pretty soon (started off on a substance but was too aggressive for me as a beginner)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-24-2005, 11:28 PM Reply   
absolute!
just try it....
Old    wickedwake            07-25-2005, 5:35 AM Reply   
Well I ride my Transcend in Guntersville ocean and it handles anything mother nature throws at it. This is the best rough water board I have ever been on.
Old    pate            07-25-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
I just got the Transend and think it rides great in all conditions. I am able to ride out of a lot of situations where I would have sucked a lot of water in the past.
Old    wickedwake            07-25-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Same here Pat. You have to have some skills to control the board and you cant be super agressive but the board is extremely forgiving and it very easy to ride once you get used to the signature feel of the Transcend. You have to do some work with this board but it so pays off.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-25-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
well, I guess that goes to show every board rides different for every different person
transcend is a SICK board, but the substance is for me, I would demo the transcend, substance and premier, heard good things, pick your fav
Old    wickedwake            07-25-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
So true
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-25-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
give the absolute and absolute plat. a try. I love mine
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
This is another great example of why you need to support your local shops. Find a shop that has a demo program and has a sharp staff and stick with them!