Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shavo9)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-17-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
I have narrowed my choice down to either a Axis A22, X25, X10, X30 (coming from an X2)

Axis Vs. MC (generally)
Good points of A22
-Price
-Wake is clean and can get just massive, very adjustable for all levels
-Wakesurf wake I imagine will be fantastic with Surf Gate

Bad Points
- Quality
- Rough Water ride

X25
Everything is perfect except wake is suggested to be very steep, not clean at low speeds and no dedicated surf system

I have seen photos of a guys wake on here of an X30 and it looks awesome! and also just stumbled across this video of an X-10 wakesurf wake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVddaDkKR5k

But everybody seems to think that surf tabs suck, so it got me thinking if the X-10 had a better wakeboard wake than an X2, surf tabs actually worked that well, it could be the perfect boat for me, thoughts would be much appreciated
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-17-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
Axis look so uberly cheap to me.
If you can afford a master craft, and are considering one. Go that route.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
If you are looking at those two brands it is a Toyota vs Lexus comparison in a way. If you want 22 feet, the surf capability, and rider friendly wake why not look at an MXZ with surf gate. Should be similar price and nice quality like the MC. I can tell u from a personal experience that the x25 wake is very abrupt. It reminds me of an old 210 wake without the trough. My friends have a 2012 and I like the wake when it is right. Seems a little finicky and tends to wash. Also their boat always seems to have a check engine code of some sort and their cruise control has never worked right in mph mode. I do believe that the screens in the 2012 MC were the culprit and they have since changed brands. Overall I like the 25 but I would be absolutely pissed about all the nuisance check engine codes and. Cruise control issues. It is an ilmor 6.0 liter if u need to know.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2013, 6:09 PM Reply   
I would also like to add that the a22 wake for boarding is my favorite. Super clean and huge if weighted right
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-17-2013, 6:27 PM Reply   
Not to be an A hole but there is a thread just like this one that was started just a day or so ago. Might wanna check it out too. FYI.
Old     (Shavo9)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-17-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
My local dealer indicated to me that the MXZ is a very similar hull to the A22, so then that makes me think why spend the extra money if i dont need to which is why I am mainly considering the A22 if i go malibu style option
Old     (Shavo9)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-17-2013, 6:48 PM Reply   
and i mainly wanted to here peoples thought about the X10 video that i posted the link for because if the surf tabs worked that well and the X10 wakeboard wake was better than an X2 then my mind would be made up and i would buy a mc X10
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-17-2013, 6:51 PM Reply   
Comparing the a22. And the Mxz on value simply by the hull design, relative to price, is like comparing a stripped down work model 2wd f250, to a loaded up king ranch f250.

Same body truck right? Why pay extra.
Old     (Shavo9)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-17-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
Well performance wise (purely wake performance) boats are a leisure item at the end of the day, so really buying the best performing boats for my needs at the cheapest price is what I am looking for and if axis performs very similar at significantly less money i may as well save the money, I am not saying Axis is in the same league as Bu or MC but at the end of the day its still a nice boat and if it does everything i want it to do as good or better than any other boat including ones that are more expensive why would i spend the extra money?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-17-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
If you only drive your vehicles to get from point a to point b, why pay extra?

Call me crazy, but I'd like to have a nice, enjoyable boat. Not just a shanty work horse ox
Same with vehicles.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 09-17-2013 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Edit
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2013, 10:15 PM Reply   
Callum, don't sweat these guys... if you want a "point A to point B" ride, point A being one wake and point B being the other wake, then have no fear going with the "shanty work horse ox..." Axis. Its not as if the MC is a Audi A8 and the Axis is a 1982 honda.... well, actually I think I would choose the 1982 honda over the A8 as a commuter, but that is just me.

Go drive and ride behind them all. only you will know which is right for you. I would add that the X-25 will have the best stock wake of all 4. The A22 needs weight and the x-30 seems to have a great wake with a lot of weight too.

boat shopping is fun, if you do it right, so go demo and write up your experiences to help the next guy.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-18-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
I have found that the X25 wake can be mellowed out a bit by adding a bit more weight in the bow, especially if you have the bigger engine in it. I got a chance to do a demo day on a Axis, and even though I am not that big of a guy (5'9" 160lbs) I found that I was uncomfortable in the driver chair for a long day. That and while the bling was nice on the dash, it felt cheap to me, like I would spend time fixing switches and such after year 2.

The warranty is better on the MC, and frankly that means more to me than most things.

I will say, the boat throws a good wake, and if you can tell yourself you are going to treat it 100% perfect then I am sure the Axis could last just as long as any boat. Question though, my buddy owns a marina and a boat recovery business, he said he has had to pull 2 Axis boats from the bottom of the lake, are these flukes or are these boats not neutral weight when filled with water?? I have never personally seen one or talked to anyone else that has seen it, so I cant vouch for it, but I trust the guy, so I am not sure what to think of it.
Old     (AXISA20)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
I chose my Axis for the wake and wave behind the boat not the quality inside. Personally I don't think you can beat the quality of the wake even with the boats that cost double in price.
Old     (doubleup_dan)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-18-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
The wake on the x25 with the attitude plate set at 60% is amazing very similar to the old Xstar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-18-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
I've had two A22's now and have lo Ed both if them. I'm 6'4" and drive it all day never felt cramped. ^^^not sure how a 5'9" guy couldn't be, maybe he wants to lay down under the dash. I'm kidding!!! Boats are built very well IMO but will not have the fit and finish of the luxury boats, Shocker.....

I'm not sure about the guy that's insinuating that Axis boats sink easily other than the fact that if you don't know how to drive one that is heavily weighted you might get yourself in a bind. I think most boats are this way when u add 4-5000 lbs of ballast.

If your looking for a great boat with a very versatile wake, boarding or surfing A22 is ur boat.