Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (dunc1961)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
Lookin at buying one of these two boats, but can't find info on freeboard height on the 2006 22ssv. Back then, the 22ssv was one foot longer than the 20ssv with the same beam. My dilemna is garage fit, so if both boats have similar freeboard height then i wud go with newer 20ssv. Can anyone shed some light on either of these boats and their ability to handle boat chop without getting soaked in the bow.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
the 06 SSV is a wet ride in chop IMO. very low freeboard.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-23-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
They are probably pretty similar in terms of handling and freeboard. The 20 SSV will probably have a little more freeboard as it started following the newer hull design. The 06 22 ssv was the last year of that hull and completely changed in 07.
Do you run in a lot of chop? If so maybe you should be looking at the 21V or the 07 or 08 22 SSV. Little bigger boat with more freeboard and more storage.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       04-23-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Send Supra an email asking for the owners manual in pdf form. They used to have them online, but I just checked and they are no longer linked.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
owners manuals here: http://www.supraboats.com/library/
Old     (dunc1961)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Appreciate the feedback guys and Diggs you are probably right. I was hoping my concerns on these boat's freeboard were overboard sort of speak, but sounds like that's not the case.
Old     (coursey)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
I just traded my 2006 22SSV for a 2008 22SSV (similar to 2007). The freeboard on the 2006 is noticeably shorter. It feels like you are sitting on the floor. As for getting soaked...I never had that issue. You will get some spray over the bow in windy/choppy conditions. Not a huge deal.

As for the garage fit...The 2006 22SSV is much more garage friendly. The 2008/2007 sits about 10" higher on the trailer.

I think the 2008/2007 22SSV is a better boat, offering features like: adjustable/swivel helm seat, love seat, longer boat, wider beam, better wake, a TON more storage, and did I say BIGGER.
Old     (supra_21v)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
So am I the only one that has a horrible experience?
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-25-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
Get in touch with Rick Tinker about your horrible experience, he is usually very responsive to issue like this (even on these public boards). I have read it on another forum and that is truly incredible that you had that many problems. Some of the blame is definitely on Skiers Choice but all the things that broke for a second, third or fourth time (such as PerfectPass) has to be on your dealer or the parts.

I have owned a few different Skiers Choice products over the last 6 years (moomba and Supra) and I did have some small problems here or there that mostly waited until the end of a season because they were annoyances more than anything. Overall though, no big issues.

I can understand your frustration as there are lemons with every boat/car. A buddy of mine had a Malibu with an 8.1 that had issues all season with the engine however, they did replace his boat for the next year.

Your dealer and Skier's Choice need to step up if you had all those problems, you got a lemon. There is no excuse.

(Message edited by Schmo on April 25, 2008)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Dave
SC and Rick Tinker already stepped up to offer help on another post.
J McLemore
While every boat can have its problems it is not usual. There are tons of SC boat owners on here that can attest and have owned several of them. Sounds like you should be taking SC offer to help you out instead of continuing to bash. I know if I were them it would definitely impact the level of help I would provide. I sincerely hope they get your problems resolved and you are sincere and not just creating an account to bash, but you should be conscious of how you go about getting it resolved. Good luck J.
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-25-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have an 06 20 SSV and we do get a little wet in biger chop. It is definitely not a boat for the bigger waves. A friend of mine has an 06 21V and does not have the same problem with water over the bow. Not sure what hull differences there may be between and 06 and an 07 SSV.

I love our boat and have never had an ounce of trouble but I wouldn't mind the nose not being dropped so much.