Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2005, 11:27 PM Reply   
The weekend of the 29th will be the last weekend San V will be open for water contact until next May

On a previous post, I mentioned making the 29th a day where all of us (you know who you are) make a day at the lake, maybe even do the beach thing like Memorial day. After that, we could all head to my place for a BBQ, etc. Kind of a way to send out the summer season. (I am still fighting the fact that summer is over, but the rain is convincing me).

I know some of you have mentioned that you have stuff to do later that night, so I was thinking we could take off from the lake at like 3:00 or so, do the BBQ thing, then if you need to leave, you still have time to do your thing. The rest are welcome to stay for as long as the party is going, which should be late.

I am about 2 miles from the lake, and have a ton of parking for boats. If you stand too close to the beer bong, you are more than welcome (and may be required) to crash for the night.

I have talked to a bunch of you already, but just wanted to post here so we can make it happen. Don't even come up wit excuses!! You know it won't be a party without YOU! Mark your calenders!
Old    jesiday            10-18-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
Buzz,
I don't know if I can make it...I'm not much of a party-er, you know !
Just kidding, you know I'll be there. Especially since I'll be with you all day!
-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
We'll definitely be there at the lake at least. Not sure if Ashley will last long enough for the BBQ, but we'll try :-)

Can't wait to get out there, had to miss last weekend due to the rain and Jeff's tiredness :-( You guys going out there this Saturday???
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-18-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm in there, like (ladies) swimwear! Let me know if you need a hand getting set-up, or if you'd like me to bring anything... Besides myself .

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-19-2005, 12:23 AM Reply   
Jesi,

It would not be a party if you were not there You know there is always a seat on my Bu for ya too!

Melissa,

I am out of town this weekend, so I won't be there. I am sure some of the crew will be though. Man! First week in a while that I have missed hitting the lake Hope you can make the party, but at least hook up with us on the lake that day.

Blake,

You da man! I know you can't pass up a party, as long as they are not jacking with you at work. I will let you know, but not too much to set-up. BTW - do you have a portable brass pole we can use? j/k

Let's see, what can you bring? Girls, yea girls! At least that one cute one. You need something to make you look good

Just in the planning stages, but I was thinking that if a couple people brought a dish of some type, that would be cool. I will provide the BBQ, and some munchies (chips, etc.). What we have done before is that you bring whatever meat you want to BBQ, and what you want to drink. We should have plenty of the other stuff.

Just to keep this thread uncluttered, let's PM or call and decide on food, etc.

So, OK - who else?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
OK, I know I am not the only one hitting the lake the 29th. Tyler, Kevin, the rest know who you are.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-20-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
san v closes for the winter? i didn't know that.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-20-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
They don't close completely, but they do cut body contact down to just Thursdays, and Fridays. It's still open, Thursday thru Sunday, for fishing.

-Blake
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-21-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
Did any of you hear El Cap closes Oct. 30th and reopens in February? That is what I just read but heard otherwise...just wondering
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Yup, unfortunately, you are correct about El Cap.
http://www.sandiego.gov/water/recreation/fishbulletin.shtml

Buzz and others, if your crew for San V gets thin on weekdays this fall, call or email me. Try to give me 24 hrs notice so I can make up some excuse for the boss and skip work. :-)

I better get a wetsuit soon!

Cell=619-742-2747
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   

quote:

I better get a wetsuit soon!

skip the wetsuit and go for the drysuit instead.
Old    lovin_the_sport            10-21-2005, 10:44 PM Reply   
Hey there my loves...

I just got the messages about there being a ragin party!!! I will make a big effort for me to be there the friday of the 29th, right? Miss you all!!! Sorry I havent really really kept in contact. School and work has been super crazy!!! keep me in mind.. I LOVE YOU ALL.... SERIOUSLY.. you guys mean the world to me!!!

love you bunchches!!!
Old    lovin_the_sport            10-21-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
Jessi -

THERES NEVER A PARTY WITH OUT YOU!!!

LOVE U BUNCHES!!!

You all should comes to my place after the saturday concert.. my house fools.. you know the number!!! love you!!!

Hannah
Old    obsurfer            10-22-2005, 12:24 AM Reply   
Can we cry now!///\\cryclipart<> Summer is over. "Give me surf or give me death". I'm kinda getting old for that kind of statement. How bout "just give me a wave you little skinny
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-23-2005, 11:07 PM Reply   
Hannah,

The day we are talking about is Saturday, the 29th, not Friday. That's the 28th. Just a refresher - boarding most the day Saturday, then a BBQ at my place. Be there or be square!

I will call ya!

Dennis,

No problem. Oh, and listen to Joe. Water gets REAL cold in the next few months. I'm going dry this year!

Steve,

You are not too old for a statement like that. Heck, I just said "be there or be square". Jeez - if that's not old school.....

Oh yea, and it does SUCK that summer is OVER. There, I said it, now I have to accept it. At least the lake will be all ours!! Yea!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
Buzz,

You've got mail.

-Melissa
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-25-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
Bump!

OK, where is everyone?

Jason B., Steve OB, Sixeye, Wassup?
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-25-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
Ahem, sorry! I've been busy moving a new roommate in and trying to get things settled back down again. Making progress each day. Would love to come out for some riding and BBQing if things are still on.
Old    obsurfer            10-25-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
I'm trying to get a late shift on Sat or Sun. I'm still on the(poopoo)list for taking 3 weekend days off in september.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-25-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
buzz, got room for frankie and me?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-26-2005, 1:26 AM Reply   
Joe,

Would love to have ya both, but I am up to 9 or 10 on my boat. Where is everyone else with boats??? So far mine and Melissa's are the only ones, out of our whole crew!!! Sorry Joe. Any other time though, would love to have you guys back down soon!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-26-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
cool, thanks anyway buzz. we'll definitely have to hook up again soon.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
So... I guess I am the only boat going (besides Melissa). Where is everyone?

Hello...testing....testing... Is this thing working??
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey Buzz, sorry I can't make it I'm actually haveing to go to New Jersey for 3 wks for work!!!Man thats going to bite! Anyways have a fun out there and have a beer for me!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-27-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Buzz,

I'd take my boat, but.... well... you know

-Steve
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-27-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
I hear my boat is going to be out there, but that's only a rumor... So far.

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
Blake,

Afraid the truth is out about your boat. The only one you have is a rubber ducky in your bathtub. That's cool though. You spend a lot of time there, and hopefully not alone. YOu can ride on mine (yours) anytime though.

Steve,

You know it's yours too!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-30-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
for the little time i was there, it was pretty fun. water conditions weren't superb, but after all it was san v...

i think buzz and friends had fun as well. see you next saturday(in may!).