Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Second time out on the board. 2 small airs. not a long vid, and sorry for the terrible quality. Any idea how to make it upload better? It looked much better on my computer, and i uploaded it used imovie from my mac. Im terrible at vid.

heres the vid. sorry again for the quality. Im working on makin it better
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
embeded isnt working?

heres the ling to the page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN2ree_uuQM
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-24-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
What song is playing in the video. I like that.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-24-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
Lookin good Beaver!
Is that from today? Saguaro?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Jason, song is Hunnies by The Holdup. Pretty legit band, kinda like slightly stoopid with a synthesizer.

Scott, thanks man that was from last friday at saguaro. Didnt get out at all this week, was lacking the necessary second and third person haha. Hate when that happens.

Anyone know how I can bump the quality up at all? Next time will be shooting with a vholdr 720p camera (like a gopro but cooler) so that should def help.
Old     (nwrider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-01-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
vholder makes a waterproof case now, check it out, it works great
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Actually, got a vholdr, waterproof case, and suction cup mount for my old man. havent used it yet.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-01-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
Nice Heelside action!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
Thanks man. airs are gettin better. will be switchin to the darkside when the extra ballast comes in. 2 1100# sacs. one for each side
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
How do you like your board is that the 2010 Model? I'm stuck between shredstixx and flyboy.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
IMO the Flyboy is a great board. Much easier learning curve. Easier to do rotational tricks. I can ride that board and I weigh about 270
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
yea its the 2010 4.8 elevation. I really like it, its fast as hell, fun to ride, definitely takes some time to get used to. I think the flyboy boards look pretty cool but ive never ridden one so I cant really compare them. if i was in the market right now i would be torn between the elevation, the flyboy, and a skim style board. Im starting to think that skim style is a little more fun.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   

from Joey Cavaretta on Vimeo.

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
I had a Drew Daniello Carbon Pro on order but I canceled the order because of bad customer service from boardco.com.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
You look good riding it looks like a sick board to me if you want to sell it and get a skim style I am game!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
I dont think im gonna sell man, if i do ill let you know, but it took forever to get and its pretty fun to ride. Im considering picking up a flyboy or a calibrated next summer, but it all kinda depends, leaning towards a calibrated, but next summer is a long way away haha.

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 07-26-2010 at 5:19 PM.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
Good deal bud, how long did you wait?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
I ordered it beginning of may and didnt get it till the first week of june. I got lucky and they set me up with the elevation for the price of the comp1.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Joey: is yours a custom? that's pretty fast to get it, if so...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tro View Post
Joey: is yours a custom? that's pretty fast to get it, if so...
Yup, it is. I got super lucky with timing, I called right when they were close to getting a batch from the shaper. Good group of guys.

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-26-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
I believe yours was made for a photo shoot and then they sold it. It's super glossy which I have never seen before. Sick board!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 10:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
I believe yours was made for a photo shoot and then they sold it. It's super glossy which I have never seen before. Sick board!
hey does this mean i can say i have some super duper one of a kind board hahahaha
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 7:06 AM Reply   
I just scored an 09 conp1 hazen! Can't wait ya shredd it!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
I just scored an 09 conp1 hazen! Can't wait ya shredd it!
sweet man!!! post up pics! your not in TX are you?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey duffy, you dont happen to have the pictures or know where I can see the pictures from that photoshoot do you?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
I am in TX, I'll post some pics when I get it. It should be here by Friday!
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
Joey:

that's a sweet deal. it took a few months to get mine. are those blue fins just painted? they look sick.

E:

where do you ride in Texas? I started surfing back in April and got an Elevation. I ride on Canyon Lake and Lake Conroe.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tro View Post
Joey:

that's a sweet deal. it took a few months to get mine. are those blue fins just painted? they look sick.

E:

where do you ride in Texas? I started surfing back in April and got an Elevation. I ride on Canyon Lake and Lake Conroe.
I actually dyed them blue with RIT dye, ill dig up the thread i did on it and post it here for ya.

Quote:
I am in TX, I'll post some pics when I get it. It should be here by Friday!
guy you got it from didnt find it did he? cause i know a guy who lost one.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
I ride Conroe and the trinity river whenever I can!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780328

Thread on dying surf fins.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
E: my buddy and I have been talking about riding on the Trinity River, but we haven't gone out there. where do you launch on the river and the lake?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
tro

I keep my boat in Lake Conroe. I launch at Lakeview Marina on hwy 105. For the Trinity River you have two choices, first you can go to Bethy Creek Resort, or you can launch at the public ramp by the hwy 17 I believe it is. They are both in the small town of Riverside, Texas just outside of Huntsville. I really like it there because the water is deep everywhere and you can go half a tank one way and half a tank the other way. There are tons of wakeboarders out there on the weekends you'll see some sick boats. I'm probably camping out at Bethy Creek Resort this weekend. Beware though if you launch from Bethy Creek that you have to know where you are going because of all the shallow spots and the navigating of the creek to the Trinity river. It's by far the best place I've ridden. You can have 20+ mph winds and still be in very flat water. Always glassy.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Joey C:
Here's photos of the board I should be getting on Friday or Saturday. I'm definitely going to dye the fins. Also I see you like to ride backside is that your preference or you just didn't feel like switching up your set-up. I tried that this past weekend and it feels way different. I just switched and went regular.
Attached Images

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
looks familiar..that board....hmmmm
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Ya thanks again Drew I'm anxious to try it out. Can't wait!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Joey C:
Here's photos of the board I should be getting on Friday or Saturday. I'm definitely going to dye the fins. Also I see you like to ride backside is that your preference or you just didn't feel like switching up your set-up. I tried that this past weekend and it feels way different. I just switched and went regular.
Right on man looks sick! Dyeing the fins is a real simple project. I have since dyed them again and hit them with a clear, i wouldnt recommend re-dyeing and clearing, darker doesnt look as good IMO.
What color you gonna do?

Im the only goofy one if the family, so I just had to learn riding that way, its really hard to do airs backside, jumping off your heals just doesnt work as well. We have the ballast on the darkside now, only ridden it one, and its WAY different, I hate sucking haha. Its weird, I prefer riding switch on the portside (toeside) than riding goofy (toeside) on the darkside. donno why.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Weird, I skate board and surf goofy but I snowboard and wake board regular. I don't know why it just feels natural that way. I'm going to dye two of the fins blue and two of them light green. One green and blue up forward and one green and blue aft but alternating so on the port side it'll be green forward and blue aft and on the starboard it'll be blue forward and green aft. Think it should look good.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
yea man. sounds good. I wanted to do front fins orange and the back blue but i said screw it and just did all blue haha.
Old     (Squirrel)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-02-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
how does that RIT dye work? I got the new shred stixx comp 1 and would really like to dye my fins some cool color too, but im curious how well the color holds up.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Color holds up alright, the blue faded a tiny bit after being in the sun but im not sure how much of that was just my eyes messing with me. I re dyed them, and put clear over them, and they are darker but dont look as good. IMO lighter looks better.