Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
Jan. 10th at the Delta with Mark But****a, Greg Sandford, Sean Glynn, Christie and Joshua Fisher.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9826
}
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-21-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
Wow, those are some brutal crashes! Could Greg even walk after that???

Nice glassy water but it definitely looked COLD.
Old    wakesurge17            01-21-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Is that a premier handle in that video?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-21-2004, 10:41 PM Reply   
beep beep beep....damn thats annoying. are you just gonna let it do that forever?

nice vid.
Old    lachlantait            01-22-2004, 4:00 AM Reply   
raley stacks hurt, a few good examples there
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
dang, i rember those days learning the raley, I was just about to try some new tricks, but I forgot about the workings. Greg keep up the good work you are on a progression roll. Its great to see people progress so quickly.
Old    wakelvr            01-22-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
Another great video Christie!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Scott - The boat is in the shop right now. I couldn't go another day with that darn beep! So far, they haven't found anything wrong though. Compression is perfect and no oil leaks so who knows!

In fact, they ran the boat for 30 minutes and the alarm didn't beep once. It's a good thing I have it on video or they wouldn't believe me! haha
Old    wakelvr            01-22-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
P.S. ummmm, was that a Raiders cap I see on Josh's head?????
Old    stormrider            01-22-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Great stuff. Christie, I was just about to start a thread wondering when we were gonna get another video fix! Something about your videos are real; I guess I can just relate to them.

Greg: just my opinion, but after a couple of hard crashes the brain is sorta scrambled, which means it will be even tougher to land the same trick-- especially when you are as cold as you guys must have been. Sometimes progress can't be made, and it's best to retreat a bit and try again after regrouping. I don't want to see you get hurt, man!

Mark: I just love the style and ease of your backrolls. That front whatever at the beginning was huge, sweet and . . . I think I'm gonna go watch it again!

Thanks, Christie-- keep them coming!
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-22-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Excellent
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-22-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
I havent seen a beetin like that since somebody put a banana in my pants and set a monkey loose.
Old    gman100            01-22-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
I hear ya Steve. I don't want to get hurt either, thanks for the concern.

After watching myself in that video I realize I did take a pretty big beating but it actually wasn't that bad at the time. Maybe a few screws were loose allowing me to continue. I was a little sore the next day but not sore enough to stop me from doing it again. I took about 10 or so hits that day (the 10th) and then another 12 the next day but then landed the 13th, 14th, and 15th attempts on the second day.

Unfortunately if I threw in the towel after taking a hit or two on the Raley it would take me a few months to land it. By sticking with it I was able to work on it more while it was fresh in my mind. I can take a good beating and still focus. I stop attempting a new trick once I start getting tired, when I know I am not able to give it a 100%. To me that's when it gets dangerous. I mean don't get me wrong I admit I was a little lucky to not get hurt during all those failed attempts.

Mark your first Front Roll in the vid was huge. Awesome, next time I am out with you I'd like to work on that trick with your help.

(Message edited by gman100 on January 22, 2004)
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Stef - You KNOW it!

Steven - Thanks for the comments. I'm glad that people other than the folks in the vids enjoy them as well.

Andrew - You have the most interesting ways of phrasing things.....gave me quite a visual
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
That was fun to watch thanks.

Greg & Christie - On those heel side jumps, if you take a little more weight off your back foot you will be more level coming off the wake, keeping the nose of the board down a bit.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Another great Fisher video. However, I think that very last part of Josh rocking out to oldies music and driving was very cute. Does he give a good pull too?
Old    gw_mark            01-24-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Wow Christie, someone has you beat in the crash department.
Greg how do you keep trying those raleys to face plant and keep coming back for more? I could not believe you did all those in a row like that.
Very nice crash sequences.

(Message edited by gw_mark on January 24, 2004)
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
GOD. I loved the crash section, pretty brutal.
Old    gman100            01-28-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
Believe it or not the crashes were not that bad. Most of time I tuck my head in and turned into a human torpedo. Only 1 or 2 really knocked me and that was when I landed on my back. They did look pretty bad though.