Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
So, it's time to upgrade and I'm considering an older 1D M2. I'm hoping my friends as WW can give me some tips on what to look/look-out for with this model.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       10-08-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Have you messed with one yet? All 1D series except the 1D M4 have pretty crappy and small LCD screens. Even the current full frame 1DS MarkII has a smallish LCD.

The controls on all 1D series take some getting used to versus the regular Canons since there is no dial to switch from A to Tv, etc... I would probably opt for something newer myself. The 1D MII maxes out at ISO1600 with H being 3200. "H" would mean unacceptable noise levels where I used to shoot a 50D at ISO3200 with decent results. I would think a 50D would be a better overall camera and I think a 7D would absolutely trounce it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-08-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
+1 for the 7D.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information, guys..