Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    ghettolake415            08-04-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
yea that would be cool if they had another in oct. i've got probably 5 ppl including myself that would come!!!!!!
Old    claids            08-04-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
ive got me and 4-5 others that will come

i think we can get it bigger and more crunk than this last one :-)
Old    jakeman            08-04-2003, 11:40 PM Reply   
it also gives us plenty of time to find a place w/ glass and a good party hotel

it will be bad chop in oct there=correct me if I'm wrong
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2003, 4:41 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for the compliments on the family Angie but I can't afford another kid :-) I'll put the word in with Steve and see what we can talk him into. I'd be up for another one.

Jake, a suggestion on the video since you have so much footage maybe you could break them up into different sections like competition, wakesurf, etc until you put an overall clip together. Just a thought.
Old    oldschool            08-05-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
311???? Dude, they suck. Have you actually just sat back and listened to the lyrics?

"Amber is the color of your energy" What the hell is that? And they just repeat it, over, and over, and over. That song has, at the most, 5 different sentences.

You can't be serious. Their agent is a genius, because they should not be where they are now.

Any, now that we got that out of the way. I'm down for Octoberfest Wake Style, why not.
Old    oldschool            08-05-2003, 6:49 AM Reply   
What was the deal with pretty-boy Grubb only staying for 30 minutes? Why did he even bother driving out?

I don't care what anyone says, Hyperlite wakeskates are garbage. Too light, and the concave running from tip to tail is bad. They need to put flat spots on the nose and tail.
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
craig

u go boy

I didn't even waste my video battery on him

Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
Mike-I like thoughts
fell free to hit me w/ any suggestions

the weekend is going into the Extreme File of

www.420PRODUCTION.com

chapters:
jackass video
drew D. demo
contest
"Wasted"-it is a good one
multi rider demo
and some I haven't even begun to create

been working bout 6hrs on the drew demo

late/jake
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
Jake, sounds cool! I'll be looking out for them.
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
-anyone down for wakesurfing tuesday-???

I still have the wakesurf demo board
angi and I will probably go w/ Al

Old    ghettolake415            08-05-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
jake, what video editing program do u use??? i like ur work!!! i'm inot the same thing.
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Mike

thank you

right now I use xp moviemaker
I have outgrown it
have adobe premiere 6.5=haven't had time to learn it

want a job?

late/jake
Old    oldschool            08-05-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
I am going to have to pass on wakesurfing. Too much on the plate now. There is enough things for me to learn on a wakeboard. :-) I'll probably never learn them all.
Old    claids            08-05-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
hey jake, give me your raw footage, and ill put something together with premiere, see if you like it

craig lol listen to the words to hydroponic, that REALLY doesnt make any sense...they Definatly were high makin that song

the lyrics might not be deep, but i still like them cuz they have their own style, there arent a lot of other groups that have their sound
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
Had a great time at the contest, everyone I met was really cool. It was cool to put some faces to the "wakeworld" crew I see on here a lot. The storm rolling in saturday forced us out of there pretty quick or we would have stuck around longer, besides our husky was getting a little overheated. That was the first time I rode in the ocean - a little rough, but I liked it. Anybody riding anytime this week....?
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Jake
I use Ulead Video Studio and Studio 8. They both are kinda simular but have slight differences and easy to learn. OK, I only use Ulead because Studio stopped working on me and I havent had time to troubleshoot the problem yet.

If you like M$ movie maker, version 2.0 is a free download and upgrade to the one that came on xp. They also have a lot of add-ins now that make it a little more like Ulead or Studio.

I cannot compare them w/adobe preimer because I only had it for a short time and dont remember how it worked.

Just my thoughts.

BTW I was the one in the big Rinker w/the tower on it. We stopped you guys once to ask when the adlut novice were going to start 'cause we had one of the competitiors out w/us.
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Ted -good meetin' u -glad to see yur a dog lover

Cliff
ya I remeber -waz up

-LOL-
it takes me 2 pc's to use moviemaker-=when I try to use transitions or effects the program shuts down=so I have to move the edited version to my grandpa pc and add effects and music

I tried to patch the program and reinstall it
but it didn't work-don't feel like re-installing xp/nor the time
when did version 2 come out I think I have it
-have any suggestions on the fix let me know

almost finished w/ drew danello demo
late/jake
Old    claids            08-05-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
lol heres a fix jake, let me show you how to use Premiere or gimme the footage and let me work on it lol
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Craig
yur being a big <>

LOL

take a nap and call me

late/jake
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Clay

when do classes start?
Old    claids            08-05-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
whenever

i leave for school in orlando on the 16th, so i should prolly stop by before then, or if you wanna stop by here next time you are out in the L, i live like a minute from there, i live right by maximo marina

but if you dont have time before then ill be home like every weekend to go wakeboardin so ill have plenty of time to show ya, give me like 10 mins of raw footage and ill toss somethin together to show you what it looks like
Old    claids            08-05-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
oh and lets take some new footage with a tub camera man, and a wave runner out behind the boat, we could get a really nice quality video put together

I need the guy who does numbskulls website to show me how he streams his video on his site so it doesnt take a year to download a high quality video
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
Jake, my M$ movie maker does the same thing, and it usually locks up right when I forget to save some cool things on it. Gave it up for good too.

Ulead gives me plenty of options for overlays and 2 sound tracks, one for music the other for sound fx. Also able to create all my own titles etc. and can save them to vcd or dvd formats w/menus for the dvd player in the bed roo...whoops the living room. I-I dont make videos for the bed room...honest!

Im sure premier will do all that stuff too. Maybe I will "borrow" a copy and play w/it again.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
is that adobe premier or hyperlite premeir?
Sorry couldnt help it.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-05-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
>>>>>311???? Dude, they suck. Have you actually just sat back and listened to the lyrics? <<<<<<

No, but it looks like YOU have!!!!! Hey, can u post the lyrics to that Backstreet boys song???
don't act like u dont know them also! LOL

"Amber is the color of your energy" What the hell is that? And they just repeat it, over, and over, and over. That song has, at the most, 5 different sentences.

<<<sing it Craig!!!>>>>>

You can't be serious. Their agent is a genius, because they should not be where they are now.

<<umm, where EXACTLY ARE they now?? <<<<<<<<

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on August 05, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-05-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
will the water be cold in October?? guess i am gonna have to buy a wetsuit...I'm gonna get a hot pink one...with flames going down the legs..yeah!
Old    jakeman            08-05-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
cliff -

I have ulead I should utilize it

clay -

I am available fri -sun and tuesdays

I am always lookin for a new camera man
lets hook up and create "magic"

go to the -NumbSkull goes to Shasta -post
for jared's email - he might be able to help u

hit me at
Jakeman@420EMPIRE.com
so I can give u my #

late/jake

(Message edited by jakeman on August 05, 2003)

(Message edited by jakeman on August 05, 2003)
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Water's not cold till December or January!
Old    ghettolake415            08-05-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
jakeman, u said, "want a job?", what do u mean???????

i use MGI Video wave 4. it's an easy program to use and does what i need it to do. premier is just to damn complicated. here's a video that's not like the usual videos i make. this one was a quick mix of all my others to give to our local skate shop. check it out...

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=7769

the quality isn't good b/c of the encoder tah i have to use but w/e
Old    flwakechick            08-05-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
Yeah, unless you're a skinny chick. I usually break out my shorty suit around end of Oct, early Nov. The water may not be cold (no cold-fronts yet), but the air starts to get a little chilly especially later in the afternoon!
Old    oldschool            08-06-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
This is my last season of wakeboarding, after this I quit.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-06-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   

I'll take the bait....

Why is that Craig, why would you quit something you are so good at and have fun doing?? Please respond, I wanna hear the reason 'Craig, BIG AIR' Fulton, who won first place} this weekend,,,, is gonna quit wakeboarding.....and it better be good, not some pansy A** reason like "oh, its just not fun anymore...."
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-06-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
HURRY UP.....I ain't gettin' any younger....
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yea, whassup? Kink in the neck this morning?
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
It is either
A-too much on his plate
B-should have gone wakesurfing
C-got hurt because Angi and I weren't invited

go listen to some 311 because "Amber is the color of your energy"
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
Mike

I need more camera-men
Old    claids            08-06-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
mike, fire up the air nautique and lets hit the 'Nole , we can get some footage and all that good stuff
Old    ghettolake415            08-06-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
i'll help ya out jake. i'm all for filming. we could get a sick video put together of everyone from this area that rides!!!!!! we got to get jon and jeff to come down and film them too. i could bring my boat to where u guys ride and we could do some chase boat shots.

(Message edited by ghettolake415 on August 06, 2003)
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
I'd be up for that but I need to work on the boat this weekend first. Gotta fix the ballast leaks and change the oil.
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Renda

I'm off Fri,sat,sun

except for editing the wakefest videos and waiting on my wife hand-n-foot

I am available

Clay is on board also

that makes 3 cameras

we'll have craig/bruce start fights w/ jetski/fishers/tubers/waterskiers...
and capture the moment-extreme style

we can call the company 420PRODUCTION.com -LOL

lets get together and produce some magic
and then we can lock ourselves in the editing room

late/jake
Old    ghettolake415            08-06-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
sounds good. where do u guys ride in st. pete???? around where the contest was???? i know i'm riding tommorow night and friday morning w/ the good old sarasota crew. and i dunno if we r riding sat or not. do u guys know where jordan is at??? he used to ride in sarasota, maybe he could come w/ us too.
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
=attention St Pete=

Al from Action-Water-Sports.com
wants to have a wakeboard contest
-lake Seminole-

last weekend of Aug
here R the specs

sat,sun 8am -12pm not allowed to park @ chinese restaurant after 12pm

intermediate,advanced, outlaw only
due to parking and lake seminole rules

run inter-advanced on sat
sun outlaw- if time double-up contest

a lot of little issues but at least we have another contest

if everything goes well Al want to do one everymonth

anyone up for it?
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
415-
Jordan was at wakefest
his is back in school
I think in Sarasota

Novak should know
Old    ghettolake415            08-06-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
i'm there
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2003, 1:19 PM Reply   
Jordan stays in Naples for the summer. He won't be back up till school starts in about a month.

I'd be up for a contest at Al's. Last weekend in August there's one at OWC that some people here are going to so may not be a good weekend for it.
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
novak
cool I will let him know
maybe the weekend after that

see 415 told u novak would know

Novak-

Al and I just started talking bout it last night
so we need to set a date and a small committee to plan everything
Old    ghettolake415            08-06-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
where is lake seminole at???? is it far from sarasota???? cuase maybe i could ride there anyway.
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 3:09 PM Reply   
bout 20min n of skyway bridge

corner of seminole blvd/park blvd
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-06-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
Ok Novak, I'm sendin' Jake over to help ya...
lets get that boat goin', I ain't been 'Novak'd' in a few days! but I got 'Al'd' last nite..pulled me all the way under...I went "SKI-GLUB GLUB GLUB!" then I popped up and cleared the wake! it was my coolest trick yet!

"I'm on it !" ---Joe Dirt
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-06-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
If you ever fall off of a really tall building, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because,
hey, free dummy..
Old    ghettolake415            08-06-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
jake how much longer in the dungeon until the vid is ready????????
Old    oldschool            08-06-2003, 7:07 PM Reply   
Boy did I miss some stuff here. You won't see me at the end of August for about 2-3 weeks. The new house is going to be my #1 priority.

Tried the TS front roll last night. OUCH. That's why I wanted to quit. But now if Bruce and Mike land a 360 I am making a pact that I will do a raley.

I like the comment about me not inviting Jake and Angi. Is there a contract somewhere that I was supposed to? I just don't like a boat load of people when riding after work. I have to stay loyal to Mike and Bruce since they have been there for the past couple years. What happened to "I hate Al's boat, I will never ride in it ever again!"

Anyway, time to go stress out over something else on the house. See ya!
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
craig

alright u won that rap battle

just bustin yur balls

I hate having more than 3 people riding-so I feel you

we wouldn't have gone w/ that many peps so its all good

"yur my boy blue"
Old    claids            08-06-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
jake, ill go to the contest at the 'Nole , ill tape too

i went out today, the bay was a lil choppy so i went back in this cut, it was gorgeous, im still not very good but im just tryin to get solid on the easy moves so i can enter the next contest amature division..

I can damn near pull off the back flip but Im gunna go back to the basics, and get everything comfy, so i might not have anything good for footage, but i can start fights extreme style with the best of them, and im damn good on the editing and shooting
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
-415-

just finished Drew Danello- wakesurf demo

"Drew -N- It Well"

took me bout 8 hrs to edit

Angi said it's dope!

should be up hopefully late tonight
on

www.420EMPIRE.com

working on wakefest now-featuring} Novak/craig

late/jake

(Message edited by jakeman on August 06, 2003)
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
clay

you got it -

its all bout gettin the drama on video

ya I am the same way-working on my toe side 180
and consisent wake2wake toe side
-I hate toe side-

my boy eric just told me he is having a

-=wakefest=-

in Kingsley bch fl

oct 3,4,5

for info

www.watercraft.com

late/jake
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-06-2003, 9:38 PM Reply   
Hi Jake,
Its http://www.watercraven.com/
Cheers, Barry
Old    claids            08-06-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
where is kingsley bch? shoot, we can all head out there

im a couple steps behind you, you are workin on toeside, im not workin on that yet, i fall bad toeside, im pretty consistant heelside wake2wake and im hittin lots of board grabs heelside

i need to get comfortable ridin switch before i start doin 180s

im outta shape, sittin in front of the computer for too long, back and legs got weak, after i ride for awhile my back gets tired and i start to bend over a little bit, then its toast for every run after that

its frustrating but im just gunna keep practicing every day
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Barry

LOL

thanks huge brainfart
thats what 17 hrs in front of a monitor will do to you

sorry bout that eric

late/jake
Old    jakeman            08-06-2003, 10:22 PM Reply   
-clay-

sounds like we r on the same level

people think Im crazy when I say this-

Palates and Yoga=for your back and total body

it iz da

shiz-bomb-iz-nitz

and go boarding at least 3x a week

-barry-
post some pics

viewed a few on your site
very crisp-nice

good to meet you

you wanna switch links?

late/jake
Old    claids            08-06-2003, 11:25 PM Reply   
jake, stop posting and go finish the video and put it on the site, "BACK TO THE EDITING CAVE HETHEN!" *WHIPCRACK*

(Message edited by claids on August 06, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 5:39 AM Reply   
no way,,sorry, u DIDNT win that rap battle..,,Craig, you didnt see the contract???? I gave it to your attorney...hmmm, you owe us $45.00 for forcing us to go on Al's boat..checks in the mail, right??

as far as Al's boat goes,,,the ants are gone, the dock is fixed. I'm not going to NOT RIDE...
I dont think I ever said that, Jake may have but he was just being like you do sometimes and talking out of his A**. We have to be happy were we get pulls, hence why we pay so much every time we do get a pull or why we act so gratefull and appecriative.

and the part about staying loyal to Bruce and Mike, that is kool, and that is exactly why I didnt want to have Suz pay for her hair in boat trips trade...Cuz i didnt want to feel like we are going with you cuz you 'owe' us for her hair..we only want to go when you want us too...which is prolly really never since we don't throw kool enuf trix....
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
We're like the fat kid in gym class...always picked last...."siggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Don't be alarmed : WHAT U JUST READ IS NOT REAL SADNESS....DISREGARD THE CUTE LITTLE BLUE CLIPART FACE...ITS ALL PART OF MY SICK, TWISTED HUMOUR.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
CLay, u did awesome when i rode with you on Novaks boat, why would u enter amature? i think you ride way better than that!!!!!

by the way, the Drew video is GREAT!!! Can't wait till you guys all get to see it...lucky me married to the pc geek! hahaha! i passed out b 4 this next one was finished..so i cant wait to see it! oh and I tried to post the pix from wakefest, but i guess i need jake to shrink em down,,,cuz they wont go...??? too big..*in an asian voice* You too BOO-KOO...I feer sorry for your mother....
Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Clay-
LOL

I was thinking the same thing during my last post
1:22am

the Drew video is done -gave it to my webmaster wednesday

he dediced to go out drinking instead up updating the website-I don't blame him

hopefully he will have it up tonight

I stayed up until 4am working on the 2nd video
"Wasted" featuring Tori Bloom
its classic

late/jake

Old    oldschool            08-07-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
Yo, I won that fast? Sweet :-)

I hope this freaking rain stops :-( It's Seattle in Florida.

Where are the freakin' videos already???

Man, I am having quite a day. Everything has been going well until the person I am buying the house from freaked out on me today. I'll have to explain later, but thank god we have a signed contract or I think they would have backed out.

I am going to buy a second boat next month so people can borrow it anytime.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-07-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
Craig, we have only had 1 day of rain in Seattle in the past 45 days
Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
CRAIG

what give me the add off the new house and I will have their cable shot off
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
BABY! don't SHOOT them,,,just have it SHUT off..
hahaa..

oh and check out my HOT pictures i posted in
the 'ANY Indiana boarders out there?' thread..
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
KOOL! CRaigs gettin ' a second boat!!! SWEET! We can just hire Al to drive that one for us!!
THANKS CRaig,,You're the best!

Can u make sure this one has speakers on the tower so I can listen to Tool while I ride? thanks PAL! oh and A/C and a Zephyrhills water dispenser....yeah, that should do it...
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-07-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
TIM,,all your "BUTTA" is cloggin' up my arteries..enough already.!
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
lol it was rainin when i went out yesterday, i get my boat back today so hopefully ill get to make some runs

tried to do a dock launch from a 10 foot dock yesterday i woulda had it but the boat couldnt take off fast enough with all the fat asses in it and i sunk...another good crash for video lol
Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Craig

when u get that boat make sure it comes w/ a "green hat"

ps
Al fixed the boat so its cool again
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
now mikes gotta fix his

mike did you get your fat sacks back from jordan?
Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
-wakesurf video-

ok my webmaster told me he didn't have time to upload the video tonight-because his pc crashed-

So I had to give him $100 and buy him an 80gig hard-drive to talk him into doin it tonight
-don't tell Angi =she will kill me

sweetie if u read this -remember it's a tax write-off

that is how sick I think the video is and how bad I want my peeps to check it

I will post as soon as it is ready

cannot wait to get out of work so I can finish the "Wasted" video

late/jake

(Message edited by jakeman on August 07, 2003)
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
lol jake,

lol hunny please dont be mad sweetie pie pumpkin baby

how convenient his computer crashing...tell him to shop moochin
Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
its called stop downloading porn

its all good because I owe him anyway

Old    jakeman            08-07-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
= attention =

the feature is about to start

-= Drew Danello Wake Surf Demo =-

www.420EMPIRE.com

Check It!

(Message edited by jakeman on August 07, 2003)
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
took me 2 minutes to download, now time to watch

jake, see if you can locate some barrels, time to build a slider

we might be goin out tomorrow on my boat, you and angi are welcome to come, its not a ski boat but it beats the livin room couch
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
looks good jake, now lets start on the next vid