Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-08-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I might be moving there in the next couple months. What are the good neighborhoods and the good lakes to live near? Anything you can tell me would be great. I don't want to end up having to use a cra99y lake that looked good at first.
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-08-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
Check out Gulf Coast Wakeboard Association They have their own message board. I'm sure they will answer all your questions.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-08-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
M2 sports has a private ski lake, theres one out in katy too but you have to own a home there i think to use it. There are tons of good places to live in houston, it just depends on what your looking for in a neighborhood. A lot of my friends ride at mqueeny and the san jac river and we ride on the san bernard river.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-08-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I don't know about Houston, but it's only 3 hours from Texas Ski Ranch
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Lake Conroe, Lake Houston, and the San Jacinto river are the main places to ride in and around Houston.

You can't ride at M2's lake unless you're taking lessons or pay, and you have to live at Lakes of Katy to ride on their water as well.

Check out www.gcwa.com for a local message board, and check out www.har.com for a real estate website of just Houston based houses.

Good luck.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
Lake Bryan in College Station!
Old     (jagger)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Conroe, and the Woodlands are my choice places in the houston area! Plus nobody mentioned the Trinity River just north of houston about 1.5-2 hr which was featured in Wakeboarding' 10 best Rivers to ride
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-13-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.