Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2013, 2:23 PM Reply   
Just got her back from the stereo install today, we are ready to hit the water! I wanted to thank Ben at ACME Stereo in Sacramento, CA and Derek at Larson Marine for some great customer service. Also wanted to send out a thank you to Chris Loomis from Malibu boats, he was has been a pleasure to deal with.

2013 VLX
Monsoon 350 w/ACME 1235
Heater
Surfgate
Maliview/MTC/Wedge
Quiet tip exhaust
Walkover transom cover
Snap out carpet
Quad board racks
G3 tower bracket w/PTM mirror
20% window tint

Stereo:
Wetsounds REV 10s on swivels, WS 420 SQ, (2) Arc Audio Amps, Arc audio 12" sub, HSE sound revolution, 8 RF inboat speakers, Pro Mariner battery maintainer

Ballast:
Factory quad tanks with Johnson reversible pumps, 600 lb Sumo sacs vented

Trailer:
Sportboat, 4 wheel disc brakes, spare tire, LEDs, prop guard rollers (tucked inside rear crossmember), 14" alum wheels, Fulton F2 jack

Thanks for looking and have a fantastic summer! See you on the water....
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 04-15-2013 at 2:33 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-15-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
Ummmm SIK!!!!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       04-15-2013, 4:09 PM Reply   
Beautiful!!! Love the colors!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-15-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Sick boat Travis. I think you should get rid of the wakesetter graphics though(same with Chatt). I thought you lived in the Portland area. How did you end up with a new Malibu from a dealer in Cali?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-15-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Very nice!
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-15-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
Love that WS sub grill just sik
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2013, 6:21 PM Reply   
Very nice
Brett he is from Cali.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-15-2013, 6:44 PM Reply   
Where could I get that sub grill at?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-15-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
So sick, I love it. Great colors and it looks awesome with the tinted windshield.

Nice call going with the sumo 600's. Those fit perfectly in there and can be filled completely, plus they have the 1" I.D. fittings that match up perfectly with the big hoses that malibu is running now.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2013, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Where could I get that sub grill at?
Sub grill I made myself, but its simple. You can purchase the WS decal from your local Malibu dealer. I went to TAP plastics and they cut and finished the piece of plexi glass. You could also take it a step further and backlight it with some type of LED light.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Sick boat Travis. I think you should get rid of the wakesetter graphics though(same with Chatt). I thought you lived in the Portland area. How did you end up with a new Malibu from a dealer in Cali?
Thank you, we were very pleased how it turned out. I really am liking the black hull on white, I am actually in Nor-Cal, Sacramento area.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2013, 9:52 PM Reply   
One thing, the new WS 420 SQ is legit, being able to control all three zones sub, inboat and tower all separate is awesome along a main volume control. Also, the REV 10s are on swivels which allows you to push more sound towards the rider and less towards people sitting in the back. It gets pretty punishing on the ears having those REV 10s pointed directly in your face. If you notice in the picture they are pointed upward, when the boat is towing someone they are more directed toward the rider rather than being downward towards the transom area.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2013, 11:15 PM Reply   
I love the balance of white and black on your boat. Very tasteful, sporty and classy together. That boat will always have good resale value too. Well done. Good idea raising the angle of the speakers as well.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-16-2013, 6:17 AM Reply   
Very nice job throughout.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
I almost forgot, one more shout out and thank you to Wakemakers --- Jason, Spencer and Brian.... those guys are always great to deal with and helped me put together the Johnson impeller ballast system. If you are ever in need of a ballast part or want to install a system they are always there to help with a wealth of knowledge and many different options!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-16-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Great looking boat. The black accents are a nice. The all white boats look great but the last one I saw looked like it could use some lines.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Ben is a stud, he always sets the boats up right.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Ben is a stud, he always sets the boats up right.
Would never take my boat anywhere else, Ben and his shop are top notch. He delivers great customer service both before and after the installation.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
That is ridiculously good looking.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-19-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback! we are very pleased with how the boat turned out....

Finished up my last upgrade today, installed a pair of AQUA 18 LEDs (clear), they are made with the CREE generation II mega brite LEDs rated at 1700 lumes each. I have to tell you, they are extremely well built, made of solid brass and very well priced at $129/each. They put out some very nice light, much better than the lights Malibu is installing rated at 700 lumens for about half the price. AQUA LEDs also is the only manufacturer that actually has a video of the light being tested on a lumen meter. I did however not use screws, instead I used a stainless bolt with washer and nylock nut to avoid possible damage to the gelcoat. I never have good luck screwing into gelcoat, its tough to not chip it. With the nylock nut its a solid fit and there is no risk of damaging the gelcoat, but it does require someone to hold the screw head while you are tightening from the other side.

There website is www.aqualeds.com

Here is a link showing that they are a true 1700 lumens, not the greatest advertising production, but it gets the job done. LOL, Note his unlit smoke in the beginning, I am betting it went on his ear for storage while shooting the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDL1xzfsBE
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 04-19-2013 at 9:50 AM.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
I had pretty much given up on underwater LED's given the costs of the "good" ones. This has got me thinking all over again.lol.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-19-2013, 2:02 PM Reply   
Bing Bang Boom!!NICE
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-19-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
Looks sick.

Odd question what kind of ipod dock is that?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-20-2013, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
I never have good luck screwing into gelcoat, its tough to not chip it.
Have you tried pre-drilling then countersinking just the gelcoat (using either a larger bit than the screw threads or countersink bit)? That should keep you from chipping the gelcoat. Hopefully you filled the holds with 3M 4200.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-20-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
I did not want to take any chances on my gelcoat, the nylock nut with a backing washer worked perfect with zero chances of chipping anything. Used plenty of 4200 in holes and all over the back of the LED light, not anticipating any issues with leakage.