Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sir_vtec)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
We want to buy our first Wakebord and we need guidance. We would like a wake that is for me and my wife, who is fun to wake with, forgiving and will last long. We start in the sport, while not a pro wake, but I'd still like something not too cheap.
Also, what kind of binding. I like your advice and comments to the subject. My 6 foot 200 lbs and my wife 5 feet 8 inches about 160 lbs.

Thank you and excuse me for my English, I use google for English / French.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-08-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
How do your foot sizes compare?
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
My wife rides my liquid force Shane. Although we do change bindings when she rides (she rides about 5 times a season) which is why she will not let us purchase her own board. But it is a very forgiving fast on the water and very smooth edges.
Old     (sir_vtec)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
I wear 9 1/2 my wife and 6 1/2. Nick thank you for your advice.
Old     (sir_vtec)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
Also what length to choose?
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-08-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
I think a 136-140cm is a good place to start...but It also depends on which board u choose. Some boards are wider in which case you can go with a shorter board. depends on the shape, continuous or rocker type board. my honest opinion...go to ur local board shop. Take ur wife and check out a bunch of boards and see what you like and start from there...and maybe you can slip the manager a $50 to get you to demo a few boards on the lake before u make a decision.
Old     (sir_vtec)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-09-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLX_Fixation View Post
I think a 136-140cm is a good place to start...but It also depends on which board u choose. Some boards are wider in which case you can go with a shorter board. depends on the shape, continuous or rocker type board. my honest opinion...go to ur local board shop. Take ur wife and check out a bunch of boards and see what you like and start from there...and maybe you can slip the manager a $50 to get you to demo a few boards on the lake before u make a decision.
Thanks Nick