Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    lukeh2owalker            06-13-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
thurs played hooky from the old yob and rode at canyon with some sick riders. just like to thank jeff frew for being super man and pulling us all freakin day long. we rode so much that the boat barely made it on the trailor because that beatiful craft ran out of fuel. but she did her job providing the sweetest wake for 8 riders about two or three sets apiece. i seriously felt sick from riding so much. or maybe it was all my crashes that nausiated my dome. big THANKS to frew the man. go big or go to your little sisters dolls home.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-16-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Oh yeah! I've had a limp since Thursday. Sorry I didn't post up any sooner, there was more riding to be done! Luke, as always, it was way cool to ride with you! You definitely got your mojo in 4th gear. I like the Opie to powerslide to ????! Had a good laugh. Ryan was killing it also! And Thane!!!! Going big and smooth, both with the board and ladies! Let's see, first SAN to pull up with 2 hotties (Melissa Marquardt and Gretchen Hammarberg), and before they could get "we don't have a third, would any of you mind..." and Thane is already in the boat "Hi, I'm Thane! What are a couple of beautiful ladies such as yourselves doing in a place like this?" Oh man, the smile on the lads face! You guys missed an awesome tournament Saturday! Bethany showed up, and rode in the boat for the open class, got to see Gretchen land a whirlybird!

Hey listen, everyone, if you get an opportunity to ride with Luke, or Thane, or Ryan, or better yet, all 3 of them, don't pass it up. NOBODY has more fun than these guys! Ah, the stories I'm gonna have for my grandkids....
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-16-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
I am not sure which Ryan it was but I ride with Thane all the time and Luke on Sat and I would have to say.....

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? Those guys are crazy! I swear they are both hopped up on some Wakeboard drug they wont share! Just Kidding both are great guys who are totally stoked on the sport. Luke was SO close to sticking 3's on Sat. Hope I can get out with y'all sometime real soon!
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-16-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
o.p. taylor fishing in the back back water was classic i could not help myself. that was like a twilight zone coming around that bend and seeing o.p. fishing with no shoes or shirt serving up some laughs. yea i missed the tourney again i suck. i rode though on sat with tim jewitt the gzzz master if you ever run out of binding juice and tims on the boat he'll hook it up all you have to say is the name heather. wish i could have seen gretchen land that whirly sounds like the ladies steppin it up. maybe she can give me some coaching on my 3's lord knows i need some.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-16-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Hey Tim! What days are you @ WakeSports?
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-17-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
jeff tim is there on saturday mornings and i think thursdays maybe? but saturdays for sure. if you get a chance to ride with the jewitt take it that guy is smooth back and forth from side to side like one of those desk things that have the blue oil in them and some water and make that crazy wave as it rolls back and forth.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-19-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff I am at Wakesports Wed and Sat and some Fridays. Come in some time and we can hang. I might be trying to get into the next Canyon Lake tourney but I am not sure. Luke told me I would just get laughed off the lake, kinda killed my spirits.

Luke I though we were not going to release the Jewitt jizz until the Surf Expo????
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-19-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
Oh man, that day was awesome. JEFF FREW'S DOUBLE-UPS FREAKIN' ROCK!!! Jeff I had a great time riding behind your boat. I was so stoked I was totally feelin' it on that last run. Luke dude, you're the shiznit bro, one of my fave riding partners. Ryan, smoothest tantrums I've ever seen, and an indy tantrum?! That was sick. Jumpin' in a boat with 2 pros just topped it off. It's definitely a day of riding for the books. I had an awesome time Jeff, thanks for the pulls man, I really appreciate it, and your wake is sick. I'm gonna compete in the next tournament. I didn't this weekend cuz I was busy at lake mead blowing out my ear drum.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2003, 9:47 PM Reply   
Do you guys hear that? That's the sound of my head expanding !! You guys are far too kind, we had such a great day! Thane, That was an awesome set! Sorry you had to swim the last 100 yds. of it . Hope your eardrum heals soon, got plenty of Vicodin. I blew one out a week before a trip to Florida, but it healed really quickly, and I didn't miss any riding at all.

Sports LTD tournament this Saturday!!!! Best water anywhere!!!! Are you guys down????

Wakesports tournament/beachparty next Sunday, the 29th!!!! Waddaya say????

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-20-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
Hey Tim!, Luke is messin' with you man! You would have a great time at any of these local comps. It's wakeboarding with a little stratagy thrown in. You've got 2 passes or 2 falls to show your mojo. Sometimes you have a bad run, but usually if this happens, your next comp. run is awesome. I really sucked in May, but this month, had a pretty good couple of passes. And here's the cool part, when you have a couple of great passes, or land a really big, sick trick, in front of everyone, that amped feeling gets amplified! Plus the the guys on the dock (in your division) are a lot of fun to hang with, and are always encouraging, 5s after a good pass/trick.
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-20-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
i said no such thing to tim that guy is comp material i said you'd get laughed off the lake for those polka dotted board shorts you wear from south dakota? that was you right? tim said i need to work on my aproach toward the wake its not progressive enough for him. i got cratiqued by the jewitt within two second of being in the water. no wonder i never look at the boat. i'm on a vision quest to progressively approach the wake. vision quest was a good movie i cold be the wrestler guy and tim could be my friend that is indian and has that weird mohawk fohawk hair? thats the name of our video tim vision quest. what do you think fohawk???
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
I LIKE IT!!!

Jeff I will be at the Wakesports touney on Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting you. I will be the guy that comes in dead last if you are not sure who I am. Luke you gonna roll down??
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-23-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
maybe???? if vegas falls through and or the river?? we'll see. ever since chris brooksby left wakesports it just hasn't been right???
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-23-2003, 6:24 PM Reply   
Good times!! I'm in!!!! I wouldn't be so sure about dead last, Tim! From what I hear lately, you have been riding like the madman we all aspire to ride like! As for myself, I've been more off than on lately, but the comps. are a blast anyways!

Luke, how was Needles w/Jeff S.? You, my man, are livin' the life!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-23-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I will be the guy with shaved head that comes in dead last!
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-24-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
if your dead last then i'm the guy whose grave they stole to bury your body? poltergeist oooooooooooooospoooookyyy i think myself and slents are actually going to go hang with the posse down south. slents is saying he doesn't want to ride the tourney? he would kill it. i'll convince him. i wish they had a no class i'd win that. see you there.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
Jeff - you're sellin' your boat for $24,900?!?!?! That's a freakin' steal!! Your boat was probably one of the cleanest boats I've ever been in, and being a '99, whoa. And your wake is so sick. Man if I was ready to buy, I'd be all over that. Good luck man.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-05-2003, 7:07 PM Reply   
Thanks - I may already have a deal in the works. The replacement will either be a VLX or SAN. Good times!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
The deal fell through . Oh well, the boat's still for sale!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on July 06, 2003)
Old    quickhitter10            07-07-2003, 12:13 AM Reply   
The VLX is sweet my freinds went off the wake for the first time and shot straight up and came down head first. U can say they werent ready for it. But good luck on selling your boat and you should go with the BU