Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-23-2012, 6:12 AM Reply   
Not sure why this was removed, maybe its was supposed to be in classifieds? If so you can delete the trade part of this post out. I thought there was some useful system/murray discussion going on here.
Anyway, I got several replys to heat mold more and even remove the insole. Tried the insole removed and it was better, but there is alot of padding there and these 37 year old knees need all they can get.
I have to say I am a little disapointed with hyperlite on this one, I have been wearing murray, belmonts and highback bindings and they all fit great, however this model is way narrower. Its mostly my fault for buying them online without trying them on first.
Here is a pic of my foot that is 4 1/2" wide and thats about how wide the boot is. So they are not going to work for me.
They are still up for trade if anyone is interested.
Attached Images

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
I had the same problem with some 09 Ronix Cells and went back to my 07's. They where super tight in the mid foot, I heat molded them and it helped a little but they are still tight to the point that I don't ride them. I don't even have wide feet or at least I never buy wide shoes or boots and it has never been a problem before. Sucks that not much can be done and a certain line of boots can't remain the feel and genral shape. I rode HL highbacks for years.
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       05-23-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Mathew, i admit the boots are about a size off, I wear a size 10 shoe but rock size 11 System Marek boots. Anyone reading this and considering a demo or purchase grab 1 size larger than your shoe size. I'll hit you up privately and help you out, thanks for the support throughout the years. Murray called attention to your thread FYI, the guy is on WW quite a bit and cares about this stuff. -Greg Nelson
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       05-23-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
Melvin, can't find a way to message you, it doesn't allow me to for some reason, try to message me, not level 4 yet with WW navigation... HA.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-24-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
Wow, what great support from the company and the pro who boots I have! I am on WW a bit more lately, I have a baby now and have time to check it out while I feed her You guys don't really owe me anything, it was my fault for buying boots without trying them on first. mmelvin@tkschools.org is my email if you want to contact me.
Old     (morrisdl)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
Great to see the PRO doing more than just licensing his name and a company stepping up. Impressive!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisdl View Post
Great to see the PRO doing more than just licensing his name and a company stepping up. Impressive!
Shaun is by far the most humble Pro rider I have ever met and I live down here in FL and cross paths with many of them. Good to see Hyperlite stepping it up. Almost makes me want to try these systems out and ditch my '12 LF gear.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-25-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_nelson View Post
Mathew, i admit the boots are about a size off, I wear a size 10 shoe but rock size 11 System Marek boots. Anyone reading this and considering a demo or purchase grab 1 size larger than your shoe size. I'll hit you up privately and help you out, thanks for the support throughout the years. Murray called attention to your thread FYI, the guy is on WW quite a bit and cares about this stuff. -Greg Nelson
I just wanted to give you props for this awesome customer service! Wow indeed. Very impressed over here.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-25-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
im always amazed at the access we have to 'higher ups' in our sport on here.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
The Murray boots are by far the most narrow. I would recommend the Kobalt or Jimmys as they are the best for a wider foot. The Marek, which I ride, you would think would be the widest but it is in the middle of the line up.