Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
So i stomped my first heel 5 the other day, but my problem is i have alot of trouble spinning fast enough for the whole rotation.

any ideas?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
same here. Some tips would be nice

The only tip I ever got on this was for Toe 3's, and it was to take the cut from a bit further out, and maintain a super-consistent edge, and just make sure to take the trick UP not OUT, and pull w/both hands.

I've landed a handful of HS 5, but my Toes are 100%, so I need to get this figured out...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
i hear that toe 5's are easier then heel 5's, but i was just feeling a heelside spinning frenzy lol.

im gonna go for toe 5's today
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
which way do u spin on off ur toes? hs i spin fs cause that is easier for me.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 12:22 AM Reply   
i spin more naurally heelside, but faster toeside.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
I don't know if it will help you but this just clicked for me. Hold the handle with both hands in the middle instead of spread out on the handle. I know this sounds crazy but I thought I would try it today for the first time and landed my next two in a row. I'm usually 50/50 on 5's and 1 out of 15 on 7's.

I did nothing else different.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I think the most important thing you can do is pop super hard off the wake and take your time/don't spin early. I also usually do them best when I grab them because it forces you to wait to start spinning.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
no i have no problem waiting to spin, but getting all the way around is my problem haha
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
Nick C said it best... you gotta hold off on your spin and really focus on the pop. If you do that you will have tons of air time to spin the 540 around
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
I normally do a heel 360 first, then on the f/s 540 I carve away from the boat at the top of the wake and throw my back arm behind me hard to start a faster rotation, then I whip the last 180 around
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
caleb it sounds like u need to just pop more off of the wake. Like garret said come in with a consistent cut, ride all the way up the wake, pop, then start spinning. If you start spinning off the wake u may get the rotation but not the height. Another thing that may help is come into your cut a little harder and compensate for the harder cut by really pulling the handle to your hip and keep it at your hip all the way through the spin. So try to pop then spin and if that doesnt work, cut a little harder. Hope this helps.