Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       09-16-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
somebody show me a pic or tell me of there boat that is crapier than mine is ( 1977 crestliner) i was going through the profiles and now im depressed
Old    malibuman11            09-16-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
lets see a pic
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
arron, not to worrie. I came from a 1975 advenger with a 75hp on it. Had loads of fun behind it and learned ts and hs 360's and a bs roll behind it. Then went to a 78 stars and stripes master craft and now have a 2001 SAN. I would never change a thing we all have that first boat. Its kinda like growing up.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2005, 6:27 AM Reply   
01 SAN's rule.Same boat as todays SAN's plus the extra bonus of having FAT rails to lie on,walkon,whatever.Skinny rails suck.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Aaron--your "crappy" boat gets you in the water for a fun day with your friends, so don't worry about what everyone else has.....Besides, your 13 and have access to a boat???? You're my HERO!!!

Didn't get my first boat till I was 39 or 40
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-17-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
skinny rails do suck but if you stood on the '01's rails close to the tower alot it would start to crack. Although my buddy didn't take a bit of care to the boat until he was about to sell it. Went through 3 engion replacements within 2 years and still sold the thing for 35k. Can't really mess with a SAN... they are BAD!!!! <--As in A%$!
Old    malibuman11            09-17-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
My boat is a 71,15 foot ,trihull, bowrider with a 85 chrysler.I just installed a 8 foot pole.I am Very proud of my boat.I spent many of hours fixing her up.So with a lot of time and some money U can turn almost any boat into one cool ride
James
Old    malibuman11            09-17-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
The one on the left Is mine,the one on the right is my oldest son's....He is 5 and he wants my electic fishing motor and a pole installed on his.So It can be just like Dads

Anchor and the pedal boat
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-17-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
yeah, its part of the progression that really makes you appreciate the things that come later on. Just being on the water rocks, so much of the fun is what you make of it. :-)

(practically prehistoric) 9' aluminum boat with 9.9 Evinrude,
1974 Starcraft 15' with 85hp Mercury o/b,
then the X.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-17-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
I had some of my most fun days of riding in the summer of 2002 behind an 17 foot...well I don't know what kind of boat it was, but it had an old Buick V6 in it and we called it the six shooter. It had a pylon and no ballast, but we had so much fun behind that thing. Those were the days...
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Paul, I have never heard of that. For some reason my boat is a old ball. The dealer ship said that it has a extra 2 to 3 coats of glass in it. I have found out now that it was a special made boat for a school and I ended up with it.
Old    mile_high_rider            09-17-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
bro, a boat is a boat, as long as you are on the water havin fun, who cares. yeah a phat x2 or a malibu, or my dream a sant would be nice, but I wish I had a boat period.