Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-11-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Yesterday was the second in the series of three of the Castaic Wakefest. Once again, Clay, Tiffany and the crew put together an awesome contest. And everybody came out to enjoy themselves.The weather was perfect, conditions were awesome, sponsors were out in full and announcing was great. As always prizes were great. Two incidents that put a small damper on the day, Jason Allisons grandma fell ill and had to be rushed to the dr. Also a rider fell and injured his knee, can anybody post info on this rider and updates??
Again, huge props to Clay and Tiffany and the whole Castaic crew for a great day. We had a great time!!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-11-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
A few pics from the Freestyle MotoX air show that was part of the festivities at Castaic yesterday

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-11-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
Are those three shots a sequence? If so, that may be the coolest trick ever.

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Robyn ~ I think he hurt his hand, but I don't remember who it was. Your talking about the guy who tried to jump up the Rave slider backwards and didn't make it right?
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-11-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
Ant...

That was Wade. He may have broken his hand. Hopefully he gives us an update.

Robyn is talking about the Open rider who crashed on his double doing a tantrum.

Porkchops was in on the rescue...he can give us some info.

And thanks for the Red Bull! It made a big difference for the afternoon!

Josh
Old    martini            07-12-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone for coming out and supporting the event! clay and Tiffany did a great job as usual!

special thanks to Robyn Valdez and Suzie Swink for keeping me hydrated and feed!

in regards to the hurt rider...i heard he need to shots of morphine at the site to curb the pain form his blown knee...hopefully i'm not spreading the wrong info.

see you guys at the next event...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-12-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Drove a really sweet double up. Dude hit it kinda sketchy, but got all of it. Halfway through the tantrum, he bailed. I knew something was wrong right away, he was in a lot of pain. No blood, or protrusions (sp?), tried to cut the Alpha away, but it was too tight against his foot. Unbolted the bindings, lifeguards took him to the dock. about 15 emergency vehicles stormed the scene. they splinted the knee (still in a 90 deg. position), and started an I.V., left in an ambulance. Delay of game lasted about 45 minutes. Best wishes to to him (I think his name is Kenyon), hope he recovers quickly.

Thank you Clay and Tiffany, I (and I'm sure a whole lot of other people) had a great time. Thank you Red Bull for keeping me in the game. And Thank you to Mr. Incredible...
Old    wakesyco            07-12-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
Can anyone post the results couldnt stay
for the whole contest left at 5:45, 3 injuries
is alot for one day. slider injury,prize give away injury and double up injury what a day.
Other than those it was a great day.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-13-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ah, the lovely Pete Martini, it was so great to see you out there and to hear you announcing! You and steve bates rock. I am looking forward to seeing you out at the Canyon comp on August 13, right?????? Hugs to you Pete, robyn
Old    martini            07-15-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
yes you will! pinky promise remember ;)