Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    sking55405            08-18-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
i just purchased a left over sanger V210 (2004) and was wondering if anyone ever put a barefoot boom on one. If so,,,What kind? i am getting rid of my outboard Barefoot Sanger and switching to the v210. My kids are more interested in wakeboarding than Barefooting...much to this old timers shagrin. But I don't want to give up footing all together. Will a pylon mount work on the rear pylon or do I have to go to a tower mount? in my neck of the woods it gets real cold and in order to stretch the season I slide out on the pylon mount while underway (and back in) so I don't have to get wet. I don't think that is p[ossible with a tower mount. attached is a photo of my new but not yet taken possesion of V210.

sanger v210
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
Check this thread out, it gives some options
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=18122&highlight=boom

You should send an email to krbaugh he is a barefoot nut & will tell you all the options. Otherwise speak to Scott P from Sanger/Kal Custom he is a barefoot nut too.
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-18-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
I'd go for the tower boom. spray is a non issue.
In order to put a v drive boom on the v210 you need to get a bigger pylon.

Ken
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
nuts don't talk to a barefooter about nuts unless he has a cup
Any way my guess is you wont be happy with a boom mounted in the back. Most V drives have huge side spray that will cover you in the back of the boat.
You might want to take a look at the side spray at barefoot speed
I got a BI tower boom for my Centurion V drive and LOVE it! No boom inside the boat. IF your tower is solid the boom is to no bouncing up and down or springing forward.

Down side
very difficult to climb out
you will want to install it a t a dock
and it is not as easy to adjust however most V drive boom that mount in the back have no adjustments
Old    wakebrdgod1            08-18-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
The BI V-drive boom has worked well for me on a Malibu VLX. Although the spray is worse than a DDrive when getting on plane, if an extension is used, it's really not that bad.
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-19-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Off Topic,
Nice V-210, I kicked the tires of the Sanger before I bought my new boat this year, and was very impressed. I didn't like the back engine cover sloping down, but once I saw it from behind on the water my thinking took a 180. Keep plenty of wax on those dark colors.
DK
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-19-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Did you get it from Central Valley Marine? That looks like their place around the corner from me. Boat's a lot like mine, except my tower in blue as well and I didn't get the Scorpion motor. Sorry don't know anything about the barefoot thing, but you'll love the boat. Consider perfect pass if you'll be doing a lot of wake boarding - it's worth every penny.
Old    sking55405            08-19-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
Ya... It is from Central Valley.

They are changing the V210's in 05' They only come in Blue, Black and Red with no graphics and only the 350 mag. Thats why I had to get one out west...left over 04'. Can't wait to get it. It supposed to be delivered to Kal Custom on friday for pick up. Central valleys maintanace shop burned down so they can't load it.

Thanks for all the info... I just talked to Mike Seipel and he told me Scott Pellaton could get me a taller pylon and then add a boom extension and I should be happy. I guess we will see. I have E Mailed Scott P. We will see what he says. I currently Own a Barefoot Sanger Outboard ( for Sale) If I have to I will steal its pylon . It is much taller.
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-19-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
Bo, Which tower do you have on your bu?
I have the swoop and side spray isn't even an issue with the tower mount boom.

I choose to mount my boom on the passenger side instead of the drivers side. That makes it alot easier to install on the water.

Ken

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Same here no side spray at any speed no extension needed with My Cyclone and Tower Mount boom. I also choose the Pasenger side.

Good luck Scott hope you have some nose plugs
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
"They are changing the V210's in 05' They only come in Blue, Black and Red with no graphics and only the 350 mag."

Thats interesting, they must be moving the 210 in to a poverty pack option and expanding the V215 production.
Old    sking55405            08-19-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
"They are changing the V210's in 05' They only come in Blue, Black and Red with no graphics and only the 350 mag."

"Thats interesting, they must be moving the 210 in to a poverty pack option and expanding the V215 production."

Scott Pellaton says they can make an extra 2 units a day with fewer options. They only come one way.

He also said that they were able to reduce the price. 30 grand dealer direct + transportation. I wanted the graphics and some options along with the Scorpion Motor. The rear deck is flatter with the scorpion.
Hense the 2004 purchase. I paid for it, but what is a couple grand to get what you want.

The 215 was not an option for me... my lake won't allow anything over 21' and they measure if it says 21' on the watercraft cert. Besides I have been told the 215 doesn't have as nice a wake.

P.S. Nose plugs on order!

Scott
Old    sking55405            08-19-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Here is a Picture of the new 05' V210's

2005 V210
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
"30 grand dealer direct" what does that mean? Is that what a dealer pays for them?
Old    sking55405            08-19-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
There are no dealers in my area so they said I could buy one directly from the factory. I was quoted $30,900 W/trailer plus transportation to Illinois ($850) for the new 05 model. Heck of a price but I wanted the other options.

I guess maybe I shouldn't be saying anything but there are no dealers in the midwest so I guess we get'm cheaper maybe.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
Scott

Where in ILL??

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yeah that sort of pricing probably shouldn't be broadcast across the internet. Oh well its out there now.

Its bit of a bummer they are reducing the flexibility of the 210, I wanted to get another one with custom colour deck & bottom, sounds like that won't be possible now.

You are going to love the 210, post some pics when it arrives.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-19-2004, 11:29 PM Reply   
Mercury Marine stopped production of the 330 black scorp for this coming year along with other mercury motors the HP500 and HP575.

i love my 350mag mpi, it goessssss
Old    sking55405            08-20-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
"Where in ILL??"

Chicago Area...120 miles west ...Close to Rockford.

Way up north...Brrrrr.