Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-02-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
I've got some major rust problems with my Extreme trailer. As you can see from the pics, apparently water was able to get under the diamond plate and there's pretty much nothing you can do after that. I'm not sure why it wasn't sealed better. There appears to be no problem with rust on the front steps, just the two back ones. It's only been in salt water once about three years ago and I washed the hell out of it, so I'm pretty sure it's not related to that.

Unfortunately, it all just kind of came out of nowhere, otherwise I probably could have salvaged the steps. It's only reared its ugly head in the past year. I guess it was rusting under the diamond plate for a while before it started running down the sides where I could see it.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody has had to deal with this before. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm assuming that the entire step will have to be removed and replaced, but I might be wrong. It's bolted to the fender, but welded to the trailer, so I'm sure removing it will be fun. Any help would be appreciated.

Fender