Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2012, 6:06 AM Reply   
Finally upgraded from the tired old i/o... picked this up last night:

After my van damn near died towing it home:

Random interior shot when we were out on a test drive:

Now here's to hoping I can remember how to wakeboard.. sold the old boat almost a month ago and I was rusty before that
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-17-2012, 6:12 AM Reply   
What happened to the good ole days of weighing down a 21foot wakeboat and getting it done. Great boat dude. My favorite hull ever!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-17-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
I recognize this boat was PN...Ohio boat right? Love the colors. Congrats on the great boat
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-17-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Nice boat! I wonder how much fuel you will burn vs the G23 and still have a mackin wake? This industry is going in the wrong direction...
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-17-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
I've got an idea!! Add some extra balast and slap some teak on it and sell it for 100k!!!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-17-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
Nice man.I see you're from Cleveland,where do you ride at?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Nice ride. Congrats!
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredthagnar View Post
What happened to the good ole days of weighing down a 21foot wakeboat and getting it done. Great boat dude. My favorite hull ever!
We were doing that for the past 9 1/2 years. My time has come!! I hope it's my favorite too.. I haven't really ridden behind many wake boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
I recognize this boat was PN...Ohio boat right? Love the colors. Congrats on the great boat
Yeah had been on there for a bit. I didn't really like the green but after a while it grew on me, and now I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Nice boat! I wonder how much fuel you will burn vs the G23 and still have a mackin wake? This industry is going in the wrong direction...
I'm sure the stock wake will be more than enough for us right now. My wakeboarding career has been very on-off due to MX injuries, I'll be lucky to get my toe side jumps back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredthagnar View Post
I've got an idea!! Add some extra balast and slap some teak on it and sell it for 100k!!!
The thought has crossed my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdjay View Post
Nice man.I see you're from Cleveland,where do you ride at?
Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie.. maybe Huron River but I need to feel this boat out first. I wrecked many a prop on the old boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Nice ride. Congrats!
Thanks. Pretty excited to try it out. I thought the van was going to die yesterday and its supposed to be even hotter today. Not sure if I'm going to attempt the hour long drive to the lakehouse. Actually I know I'm going to attempt it but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
Looks real nice. Congrats on the purchase!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-17-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
Congrats man. I'm not into "loud" colors but I love that one.. Just enough..

You will love that boat and the wake.
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-17-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
Congrats! Throw a ballast bag in the bow and you'll be good to go. These hulls don't take much to make a great wake. Once you get used to the pop from the wake coming from an I/O you're going to love it!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
If the owner hadn't led me on for over two weeks, I would have had that boat. Had a loan, insurance, everything. Congrats to you, but seeing it pop up here bums me out...
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-17-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
That is one heck on an upgrade!!!!

Way to go!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
One other thing, make sure you get that prop redone. The owner hung the boat up on a sand bar while my friend was looking at it, and the prop got dinged. If you know its there, you will feel the vibrations. Its best to get that taken care of as it will add more stress to the trans and motor mounts/couplings if you run it for a long time with the vibration.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
If the owner hadn't led me on for over two weeks, I would have had that boat. Had a loan, insurance, everything. Congrats to you, but seeing it pop up here bums me out...
He acted similarly with me. Sorry man.

Quote:
One other thing, make sure you get that prop redone. The owner hung the boat up on a sand bar while my friend was looking at it, and the prop got dinged. If you know its there, you will feel the vibrations. Its best to get that taken care of as it will add more stress to the trans and motor mounts/couplings if you run it for a long time with the vibration.
Yeah that was a decent bargaining chip as least. Need to find a local prop guy and have it fixed or I may just buy a new one.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sante View Post
Congrats! Throw a ballast bag in the bow and you'll be good to go. These hulls don't take much to make a great wake. Once you get used to the pop from the wake coming from an I/O you're going to love it!
That's the plan. Might invest in some weight I can hide under the front cushions.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93rx7 View Post
He acted similarly with me. Sorry man.

Yeah that was a decent bargaining chip as least. Need to find a local prop guy and have it fixed or I may just buy a new one.
Let me see if my friend knows of a good place, he lives in Ohio. Where abouts are you located?

I had gotten a quote for the center hatch skin from NautiqueSkins, they wanted about $280 for it. let me know if you want that forwarded to you. Awesome boat, best of luck with it.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-17-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let me see if my friend knows of a good place, he lives in Ohio. Where abouts are you located?

I had gotten a quote for the center hatch skin from NautiqueSkins, they wanted about $280 for it. let me know if you want that forwarded to you. Awesome boat, best of luck with it.
I'll PM you. Thanks
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-17-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Just sold my 03 SAN and miss it already. Will probably regret it more later. You will love the wake. Fill the stock ballast and add a triangle sack to the front and 450 in the cabin floor. Best setup I found until you get more than a few people on the boat then the cabin sac can go.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
nice boat!!! Saw it pop up just after i bought mine. Was a little more than I wanted to spend. Im happy with my moomba though. Those colors do grow on you. I looked at the posting a few times since my purchase just wondering what if.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-17-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcross25 View Post
nice boat!!! Saw it pop up just after i bought mine. Was a little more than I wanted to spend. Im happy with my moomba though. Those colors do grow on you. I looked at the posting a few times since my purchase just wondering what if.
Consider yourself lucky you didn't have to deal with the owner, lol!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-17-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
Congrats on the upgrade!!! It's taken years but that tower has grown on me. Love the 2004's It's a love hate wake and I love it... Post up some riding pics.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2012, 11:37 PM Reply   
Sweet boat man. One of te best hulls ever. I own it's cousin which is the other best hull ever the original V drive XStar

That green is sick. Yet Nautique so far ahead of its time with the green.......now a days green is flying off the showroom floors like hotcakes. Every 2 nd boat I see has green . Enjoy
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-18-2012, 4:56 AM Reply   
Took it out last night.. first time I hit the wake I cased it and re-aggravated my ankle. (When we were loading the boat up we were kinda rushing and I forgot to put my brace on the boat).

Such a different experience than an i/o though.. it's like night and day. So much less effort required to jump the wake. Behind my old boat I would have to cut out so hard.. and charge the wake even harder all while the driver struggled like crazy to hold it at a somewhat steady speed. This boat doesn't care what you are doing behind it -- it just keeps pulling.

Doing some searching today in an attempt to have a prop by the weekend. The one on it is causing some nasty vibration. I hope that's all the issue is.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-18-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Took it out last night.. first time I hit the wake I cased it and re-aggravated my ankle. (When we were loading the boat up we were kinda rushing and I forgot to put my brace on the boat).

Such a different experience than an i/o though.. it's like night and day. So much less effort required to jump the wake. Behind my old boat I would have to cut out so hard.. and charge the wake even harder all while the driver struggled like crazy to hold it at a somewhat steady speed. This boat doesn't care what you are doing behind it -- it just keeps pulling.

Doing some searching today in an attempt to have a prop by the weekend. The one on it is causing some nasty vibration. I hope that's all the issue is.
Its just the prop. The guy I had go look at it said there was no dings on on the prop before they put it in the water and it ran with zero vibration, then the owner hung it up on a sand bar. Dinged prop, and the vibration. A decent shop should be able to fix it.
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-18-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
If they rode that bad prop to long it could have bent the drive shaft which can mess your v-drive up
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-18-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its just the prop. The guy I had go look at it said there was no dings on on the prop before they put it in the water and it ran with zero vibration, then the owner hung it up on a sand bar. Dinged prop, and the vibration. A decent shop should be able to fix it.
Found a place thats between me and the lake and they will repair it for $155. Problem is I don't have a prop puller yet.

Anybody know of a backyard mechanic way to get the prop off? I have tons of c-clamps
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-18-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Found a place thats between me and the lake and they will repair it for $155. Problem is I don't have a prop puller yet.

Anybody know of a backyard mechanic way to get the prop off? I have tons of c-clamps
Take the nut off, then place a chunk of 2 x 4 on the back side of the prop base and hit the 2 x 4 with a mallet.. Boom - prop puller.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Loosen the nut but don't take the nut all the way off. Then go rent a two arm gear puller from Napa, put center of the puller on the shaft and the arms on the back of the prop. Then tighten until it pops off. It scared the hell out of me when finally realeast on me. If you take the nut all the way off the prop will go flying.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Loosen the nut but don't take the nut all the way off. Then go rent a two arm gear puller from Napa, put center of the puller on the shaft and the arms on the back of the prop. Then tighten until it pops off. It scared the hell out of me when finally realeast on me. If you take the nut all the way off the prop will go flying.

and so will your fingers..........don't take the nut off all the way............ just enough to give you a space between the prop of at minimum a 1/2 inch. Just when you think it won't come off and think you can't turn it any more....it will POP...........if you have never done it before it will make you jump for sure.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-18-2012 at 8:31 PM.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-19-2012, 4:28 AM Reply   
I'm thinkin bout putting my 04 san up on here for sale,does it cost anything?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbucklin View Post
I'm thinkin bout putting my 04 san up on here for sale,does it cost anything?
Not sure on here. PlanetNautique and OnlyInboards are two good sites that allow you to post for free.

Where are you located? I might be interested depending on location.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-19-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Its amazing how quick these boats get scooped up! Lol
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-19-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Wisconsin
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-19-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
What u pay for the 04?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-20-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Just saw this, might not be a bad option for a spare:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3150594140.html
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-20-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
i just bought a new prop for mine this last week. cost 560. so thats a good deal.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
I ordered a new Acme 1236 & prop puller from Delta (place in cincinnati). Prop was $399 with the planet nautiques coupon code. Prop puller was 80 and shipping was free. Only downside was I had to pay $30 in tax because they are in Ohio ;/

Got rid of all the vibration.. boat runs great. 1236 vs the 536 that was on there seems to have taken about 15mph off my top speed though. @ 5000rpm I'm only going 30mph. Holeshot with tanks full was great.

Here's a shot of my friend riding @ 75', 20mph, stock tanks all full:

Going to really have to start learning some tricks now.. all out of excuses ;P
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I ordered a new Acme 1236 & prop puller from Delta (place in cincinnati). Prop was $399 with the planet nautiques coupon code. Prop puller was 80 and shipping was free. Only downside was I had to pay $30 in tax because they are in Ohio ;/

Got rid of all the vibration.. boat runs great. 1236 vs the 536 that was on there seems to have taken about 15mph off my top speed though. @ 5000rpm I'm only going 30mph. Holeshot with tanks full was great.

Here's a shot of my friend riding @ 75', 20mph, stock tanks all full:

Going to really have to start learning some tricks now.. all out of excuses ;P
Beautiful wake with stock ballast. I'm still jealous, haha.

30mph at 5000rpms? If you like the holeshot and intend on adding a lot more ballast, that could be beneficial. Losing 15mph off the top end and running that many rpms at 30mph, I would probably try something else. (fuel economy will suffer at wakeboard speeds, I would need to run faster for friends that foot or are brave enough to slalom that wake )
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Beautiful wake with stock ballast. I'm still jealous, haha.

30mph at 5000rpms? If you like the holeshot and intend on adding a lot more ballast, that could be beneficial. Losing 15mph off the top end and running that many rpms at 30mph, I would probably try something else. (fuel economy will suffer at wakeboard speeds, I would need to run faster for friends that foot or are brave enough to slalom that wake )
That's just a guestimate really. I tried to pay attention when cruising to and from our riding spots. I guess I need to go out and pay more attention to speed/rpms. Hectic weekend. The engine definitely turns a bit higher RPM than it did with the old shaker prop. But man was it nice to hit the throttle out of the marina and not have the entire boat feel like an earthquake.

And I already have a bunch ballast bags that I saved from my old boat.. so yeah the boat will be getting more weight.

I'm going to get the 536 that I pulled off the boat repaired for a backup. Maybe one day I'll swap props for the heck of it and see how I like it.

The one thing I did notice over this past weekend is the MUCH better fuel economy on this boat vs. my last i/o. A full tank on that boat (19' i/o with a 5.7 carbed 220hp engine) would get me around 4 or 5 hours of wakeboarding time. And after those 4 or 5 hours I was running on fumes and I have run out of gas on the way back to the pumps on more than one occasion

I put 30 gallons in this boat before we hit the lake.. (it already had about 1/4 tank when I bought it). Ended up around 3/4 tank. We've put 7.5 hours on it since I got it, and I still have over 1/4 tank. Insane.

Last edited by 93rx7; 07-23-2012 at 7:00 AM.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
Love love this boat. The wake behind these older 210's are so much fun. When you add weight to them they get so big and even more fun. Enjoy the rest of summer you will have a blast with this boat.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
I love those boats and almost bought one with the 8.2 python but the interior space just killed it for me.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-23-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
The wake in that picture looks like you're going faster than 20mph... I would expect it to be wider at 75 and 20... Perhaps your speedos need to be calibrated?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
raf

That is the only reason I am not trying to buy one myself. As many have said if someone would remake that hull and give it a little more space somehow they could cleanup with the core riders.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
The wake in that picture looks like you're going faster than 20mph... I would expect it to be wider at 75 and 20... Perhaps your speedos need to be calibrated?
Possibly, was just going off perfect pass. Felt pretty slow behind the boat though.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
raf

That is the only reason I am not trying to buy one myself. As many have said if someone would remake that hull and give it a little more space somehow they could cleanup with the core riders.
Exactly. The space was the only issue I had and it was a hard boat to turn down but we sometimes like to have family days and bring 8-10 people with us. I dont see 8-10 people being comfortable in that boat.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-24-2012, 4:49 AM Reply   
WTB: Boat lift!!

Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-06-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Well I brought my phone with me this past weekend and GPS confirmed... my speedo/pp are off about 2-3mph.

20mph on perfect pass = 24mph via GPS
19.5 = 23mph
19 = 21/22

I thought "20" felt a little too fast I liked riding around 19/19.5
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-07-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
sounds like time for a stargazer upgrade
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-07-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
Get the Nautic Laugic GPS,it's cheaper and works great.Their customer service is awesome also.