Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (witness140)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-24-2009, 3:59 AM Reply   
Time for a new (to me) board. Taking some advice from the forum and looked at Shred Stixx, Walker, Phase 5, and Inland.

I like the Inland line.

Choosing between the following:

09' Black Pearl
Yellow Loogey
Green Loogey
Blue Lake (Probably 1 or 2 yrs old)

I'm proficient at surfing behind the boat, haven't progressed to 360's yet. Would like a board that is fun to just cruise on, but is capable of a 360 or some other basic surface tricks.

Boat is an 09' X2 and we don't always have a lot of people, so ride light on occasion.

I'm leaning towards the Black Pearl or the Green Loogey.

How durable are these boards? And I can't find a spec on their thickness. Wondering if they'll fit into my clamping MC racks.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-24-2009, 4:52 AM Reply   
I have the 09 Black Pearl Yellow and love it. I believe it is only 5/8" thick, so it will def fit in the racks. I am still playing with fin setups, but honestly haven't found a setup that I haven't liked yet.
Old     (easyed77)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-24-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
The Inland Surfer Sweet Spot is the best board I have ever ridden. I have a walker Comp X and the IS Blue Lake and the Sweet Spot is superior to both of them. I weigh 205 pounds and have no problem staying in the pocket with this board.

(Message edited by easyed77 on July 24, 2009)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-24-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
I used to own a yellow loogey and it was a great starter board.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-24-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
Hey easyed77, what fin combination are you using on the Sweet Spot ie: sizes? Thanks
Old     (codespanker)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-24-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
I have a blue lake, sweet spot and the new swallow. I graduated from a broadcast (that I learnt on) and a trickboardz I finished myself.

I'm pretty much where you are - I can ride all day behind the boat without a rope and I just did my first 360.

Of the 3 I'd say I like the swallow the best for surf style - its a little narrower than the blue lake and its very precise and fast (especially with 4 fins). For the 360 the sweet spot breaks loose easily but it's a little wider than i'm used to.

The finish and quality of the boards is outstanding and the the swallow especially looks awesome with the wood bottom.

If you are tending toward a surf style rather than skim I'd recommend the swallow.

-Dave
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-24-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
If you like IS (which is great) I'd go for the Green Loogie. I believe the only board from IS that might fit into a wake rack is the black pearl which is more skim and very easy to nail that 360. With a smaller board, you'll have to beef up your wave on that X2. The loogie fits your needs (just not a wake rack).

All the manufactures you are looking at has something for you. If fitting in wake rack is the priority, then P5 Drew XL or Walker Comp X 5.0 is also a consideration (haven't been on a Stixx but they are great from what I hear but more surf style). --good luck

I'm waiting for the spammer to hit this thread, LOL.
Old     (easyed77)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-29-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
I have 3 IS boards and they all fit in my 07 Mastercraft factory board rack.
Old     (easyed77)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-29-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
The sweet spot has 4 fins. It's my friends board and if I am not mistaken the two outer fins were the factory fins that came with the board. He used his own custom fins on the inside but I am not sure on the size of them.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Rode the carbon fiber sweet spot (4 fin) and the 09 black pearl optional 3 fin set up ( I used just the center fin ) Really liked the Black Pearl, the sweet spot was ok. Black pearl was nice and loose and also very fast. Thats just how I like my board. I will be buying a Black Pearl as soon as I can afford it. Packrat knows the sizes of fins I used. They were both his boards.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
I ride a yellow loogie (now the green loogie) and love it. Graduated from Broadcast and Coex. I also surf an X 2 and never pick the rope up. My 220# son can do 360's on it no problem...and yes, we can get it in the wakeboard rack.