Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-21-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Alright, so I'm still new to this sport. Sank last summer in it, but I'm still another away from really pushing some tricks. Before I can do that though, I need to know what tricks are possible.

As we all know, it's a new sport and the trick list is still growing. For all those sponsored riders out there, can you guys contribute to a list and let us regulars all know what has been conquered out there?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Jeff....
Old    surfdad            01-21-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
NO! You can't have it! :-) Andrew, collectively a number of folks have contributed to a list. I believe I have the master on my computer at the office, but won't be back there until Monday. I'll try and remember and get that for you.
Old     (crusrdug)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-21-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
I found this a while back....Hope it helps.

http://www.howtowakesurf.com/Trick_List.jsp
Old     (wazzu_wakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I really wanna see your complete list... hopefully some of the tricks have some explanations if needed too
Old    mobster            01-21-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
This is what we go byUpload
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-21-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
airshow.. i like that :-)
Old    surfdad            01-22-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
Hey Wazzu, I'll make sure you get a copy also. When we undertook the exercise, it focused on amateurs from the little tikes up through the men's open. So a portion of the list won't be applicable to many. For example we included things like "waving at the judges" :-) for the kids like T-Bone :-)

Upload
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-22-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Is standing up on the trick list somewhere?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
I hope so, cause I kill that trick!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
How about the falling down trick, because I really kill on that one!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
How is the course constructed, do you ride for a certain time or distance? Two passes like a wakeboard contest?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Boat start, course start, and last fall buoys. Ride one direction and drop. Then ride the other direction. The Worlds course ran for "90 Seconds". That was at one given boat speed.

Here's the 2007 and 2009 Nationals Wakesurf Championship Course.
Upload