Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    jakeman            03-26-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Parks & Ruck were here
-slide show-
www.420EMPIRE.com

enjoy
Old    jakeman            03-26-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
or click link
http://www.angisimpson.com/420production/videos/Parks%20&%20Ruck%20were%20here%20-slideshow-420EMPIRE.com.wmv

late/jake
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-26-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
good stuff!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Awesome...but why was Angi holding her breasts??? Maybe if I had breasts like those, I would hold them too.

Parks looks so baked!! His eyes looked swollen shut in most of those pics.
Old    vance            03-26-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
if you look at pasrks in the picture he is showing her how to hold ur chest
Old    jakeman            03-26-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Vance
LOL-I extended that pic so people would see that.
nice observation
Old    wakejunkeygirl            03-26-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
ACtually, do ya wanna hear the real reason I was holding the 'twins'?? I was telling Parks and Ruck about the time I met Tony Hawk during the break of the boom boom huck jam. I got so nervous when I asked him to sign my Hurley shirt and Tony goes "where do want me to sign it?" and I froze up! big time!! and was rubbing on my shirt looking at it like "oh SH**, where DO I want Tony Hawk to sign my shirt?" and it went on for what seemed like minutes, which was actually seconds,,,but anyway I snapped out of it and just turned around real quick and pointed to my back!! he was probably thinking.."Awww, look at this special needs girl with great big boobies!"

LOL

so anyway, that is the story I was telling them, cuz Parks said "normally I make girls put the shirt ON before I sign it...but since your old man is here...."

for the record, Ruck was so kool and down to earth...he seems like he is a really great guy and definatley a good role model for the little guys/chicks.

hope everyone enjoys the pix..
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Jake -

Great slide show - although you may want to change the "Parks and Ruck are great ROLL models" to "Parks and Ruck are great ROLE models."

Someone might get the wrong idea...hahahahha.
Old    sbvfive            03-26-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hey, I saw that parks was going for the dreads.......taking one out of shane's bag o tricks??
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
Parks looks like he may have a problem.
He is looking very old for someone 20 something.

The same can't be said for Angi.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-26-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHA! Angi, good story...I'm cracking up here!
Old    iwkbrd            03-26-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
Can someone convert this to avi or mpeg? Would be appreciated :-). I was there for about an hour and at least got a poster signed(forgot my board :/).
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-26-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
parks with his goatee? new look like eric ruck? whats with the need for facial hair? i guess these guys want to look like mature adults...yea right.
Old    buttacup            03-26-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
They should take their new kayak behind that SOLO device that Shaun and Gerry were behind
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-26-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
It's funny that you use Nirvana because - is it just me? But doesn't Parks kind of remind you of Kurt?
Old    wake1080            03-26-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
Tight dude, yeah Parks does look pretty baked, but ya know he usually does
Old    whitechocolate            03-26-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
Im trying to keep it on a positive tip, But I cant help coment on what everyone else is saying thoes 2 look so hagard next to Angie. She looks all cute and clean and they look, like a warmed over 3 day old turd. But the cool thing about the both of them they dont care! They dont seem like they try to impress by dressing up or showering or brushing there hair. Ha aha ha J/K Im sure they were clean?? ANGIE did they smell? Mabey they we bad pictures and they realy didnt look that beat. ANGIE how did you think they looked! Honest, If they couldnt ride a wakeboard like a raped ape and they had no star status, and you didnt know them what would be your impression of them?
Old    deltahoosier            03-26-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
Kind of funny you mention that Grant. Outside of wakeboarding community, I bet know one has a clue who they are.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            03-27-2004, 5:24 AM Reply   
well, in their defense, keep in mind they had just traveled for 3 hours by car and got stuck in spring break traffic and had their own personal stuff going on before they made the trek over. and me on the other hand, well, I had worked all morning, but did have time to come home and 'freshen up' and by wearing the 'magic scarf' well, it can turn your worst fashion day disaster into a wonderful glam day. Plus, I am a girl, so by nature, I am a slave to fashion. LOL

no,if I had no idea who these cats were and I just saw them out I would think "oh that brown haired kid must be a skateboarder" and as for Parks, "sweeet! check out that tree huggin' hippies dred-locks...I wonder if HE is the one who started the riot at Woodstock two..." LOL

but for real, if i didnt know who they were and I saw them out, I wouldnt be able to make an accurate impression of them until I talked to them, looks can be so deceiving and I have made that mistake too many times in the past and try really hard not to judge people by what they are wearing or how their hair is. I hope more people than not try to look at others like that. sometimes you might overlook a really good potential friend if you just judge by appearance!!!

disclaimer: (not taken from the Oprah show monologue) tee hee hee.

thanks for checkin' out the slideshow everyone!

Old    iwkbrd            03-27-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
It seems non windows(*nix type operating systems) users can not play the movie. There are players for other systems, but they do not have the Digital Rights Management features of wmv. It would appear that people without the DRM(basically restricts your viewing of the media) are just out of luck.

For the people who run www.320empire.com, is there any chance that you could put out your videos in a format that more viewers can use like me? I am really interested in viewing them, but none of the wmv's on your main page will work for people like me.

I realize that you have already spent a lot of time getting the wmv files posted and feel bad for asking for even more work out of you guys/girls, but I really want to see the videos :-(.

Old    iwkbrd            03-27-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
Oops... www.420empire.com :-)
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-27-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
you can go to www.windows.com and download microsoft media player 8 or 9 depending on your system, or you can go there and down load the codec, so your current media player will be able to play the wmv.
Old    iwkbrd            03-27-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback, but the key word being "windows". Not all users run windows or have windows available. Computers come with a variety of operating systems now adays. I have a wmv player available in Linux but DRM(Digital Rights Management) enabled wmv content will only play on windows and macosx(which is why I cant view it).

If the videos were encoded with mpeg, divx, divx, or even quicktime codec, everyone would be able to see the videos(no digital rights management).

Unfortunately Microsoft is pushing DRM quietly into the wmv codec to end users systems without most people even knowing about it. If the videos were created a few years ago DRM would not be enabled in the videos... now it seems like the default :/.

Most end users don't even know that by installing windows media player 9 you give permission to microsoft to continually install software automatically on your system that restricts the content that you create and listen to.
There are plenty of articles about this type thing http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25956.html .

In general, wvm content is not multi-system compatible at all. If you want to post a video on the net and want as many people to view it as possible, wmv format would be one of the last things you want to use.

I hope I am not coming off as being upset or anything like like... I just want to view some videos :-). Microsoft seems to want to make it so that windows is the only system to be able to play their video format.
Old    jakeman            03-27-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
J-Rod
thanks

David
ya Angi called me when I was at the gym and told me bout the typo.I suck at spelling and microsoft Word didn't even catch it.thanks
it has been corrected.

Adam
so I guess you are running linux-wow that is a tough one. I will upload the video into premiere
and try to convert it to another program.It's not media player but windows in general that "install software automatically". I only know one person that uses linux -he is a Geek so I will see what he can do. Maybe he can build you a driver to view WMV format.

late/jake
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Jakeman - Are you using Premiere Pro? If so I can send you some decent settings to export your videos in the .mov format. (21 mb... ouch!)

Adam - Jakeman's video does not use DRM (see screen shot below) I'm not a linux user, but have you tried these players with the proper codec? http://www.mplayerhq.hu or http://xinehq.de

Old    iwkbrd            03-27-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Yea I currently have working mplayer with the complete codec pack which includes the DMO video codec. I can play other wmv files that use the DMO video codec(which is what wmv seems to use). The videos on Angies site do not work though.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Adam - Can you see this video?

http://www.dpcfilms.com/wake/videos/scrollingintro.wmv

Old    iwkbrd            03-27-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
dcervenka, yea that video plays just fine with mplayer.
Old    jakeman            03-27-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
dcervenka
I used moviemaker.
we have to get adam's problem solved
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
Adam - great!

Jakeman - You can still use moviemaker (just save your video as an un-compressed avi file) and then use Windows Media Encoder 9 to compress it down. I think you already have my compression settings, but just incase you can find the new and improved how-to doc here; http://www.dpcfilms.com/howto/

Old    jakeman            03-27-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
dcervenka
thanks I will work on it sunday
Old    vandal            03-28-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Parks kinda looks like Andre-the-Giant (R.I.P.)in one of those photos. 7-4-520 he's not, but facially there is a little resemblence. WWE next for PARKS?