Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    robertt            07-18-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Today friggin rocked! My kid is the luckiest little turd ever.

He got up this morning, we drove 15 minutes to the river, which happens to be endless miles of pure glass, to meet up with Julz and Nick Heaney and two brand new X-Stars. We load up, and got to spend the day with friends and the pros. I learned soooo much, its amazing that even after reading all the articles and watching some videos that I was still doing it all wrong.

It completely changed my riding, and saved me countless hours of frustration. Watching my son Zack go from barely jumping to hitting toeside 180's was too cool. I could barely see the little guy behind the wake.

I had never seen a pro rider, or anyone even close. To watch the stuff these guys can do at will is inspiring to say the least.

It was a very, very cool day.

I will post pictures when I get a minute...

rt
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-18-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Lucky dogs!

Sounds like ya'll had a good time, I'm jealous. Post the pics!

-Blake
Old    walt            07-18-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thats great Robert ! Like Blake said... Lets see the pics!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2005, 5:59 AM Reply   
was this a clinic or just personal time with the Dri-port guys??
Old    robertt            07-19-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
Ronia, a bit of both I guess. First and foremost it was a clinic.

We were on the Mississippi believe it or not, perfect glass for miles. Very cool guys!

We are glad we got the invite!!!

When Nick or Julz rode, we all piled into one of the X-Stars. Imagine the wake from a X-star with 15 people in it.

When I get to work I will try to post of few pictures, I dont have photoshop at home to re size them.

Ronia, we still have not gotten together to ride. We need to do that soon.
Old    robertt            07-19-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
Lets see if this works....here are a few pics

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=12354y19.18tmkmst& Uy=dnqneu&Ux=0
Old    fl_girl            07-19-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
Nice pics, my dad lives on the lake they live on. They kill it all day.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-19-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
i ride with them from fall to spring and they kill it....there riding is off the hook!!! they actually came out to my lake house in california for a few days and that was awesome....cali in the summer...orlando in the fall-spring