Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-12-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
I wish I was going to that game but its on Christmas Eve. Obviously we are a long shot to make the playoffs (damn Washington game) but I'm very happy with how the team has played the second half especially if we do go 4-0 to finish, hell even 3-1. We're headed in the right direction and I'm glad they're giving Pete the opportunity to do his thing and see where it goes.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-12-2011, 9:04 PM Reply   
Well Rammy fans, that makes thirteen in a row. I've never seen a team fail that miserably inside the ten... ever...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-13-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Well Rammy fans, that makes thirteen in a row. I've never seen a team fail that miserably inside the ten... ever...
Haha. The only reason they even scored a td on that one drive is because Sherman is a $hit talker. Loving the play of KJ Wright. The LBers have really stepped up. Beastmode lives again. That guy is going to get paid and I hope Seattle pays him. It seems like he has been in the league forever but he is only 25. He has 4 or 5 good years left. With a healthy and year older but young O line next year the Beast could go nuts. I don't see that this team really needs a lot of pieces to be good.

Oline=This is a roung group who should be good next year if the 3 guys get fully helathy going into the year.
Receivers=They have a high profile star in Rice(when healthy), the big redzone target in BMW, the crafty slot in D Baldwin(what a find as an undrafted free agent), and depth with Golden Tate, Obamonu, the other little guy.
TE=Could use a badass here as Zach Miller looks very mediocre, Morrah looks ok from time to time and McCoy looks like the best receiver but haven't seen him lately(is he hurt).
QB=Obviously could use some improvement but if the team can run the ball good and the D can be top 1/3 in the league they don't need a real game changer here. Not sure there is a QB worth drafting in the middle of the first round. Maybe a guy like Foles in the 2nd or 3rd although he is a statue back there. Mayeb a flyer in RG3. The guy is very mobile, smart, throws the best longball in the NCAA, has great size, etc...
DT=we are set here.
DE=I like REd Bryant and Clemons but they need another guy that can get after the QB like Clemons.
LB=These guys have played great but we need some depth behind them or a true thumper middle linebacker to take over for Hawthorne.
CB=we don't need anyone here.
Safety=Dont' need anything here for sure.
K=Hauscha or whatever his name is a rookie and really solid even though he missed that easy FG last night.
P=Danny Badaducci is good.

Really I think the 3 biggest things Seattle needs are QB, Rush end and LBers. More Oline guys for depth would be great as well. The thing is we have our starters nailed down for quite a while if they stay healthy. Next year Okung will be in his 3rd year, Unger will be in his 4 year, Moffit and Carpenter will be in their 2nd year and Gallery is the old guy. Maybe draft Decastro if he drops to the Seahawks pick?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-13-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen an NFL team that is this bad...ever...and I've been a Rams fan since the 70's! The most amazing thing about it is that Bradford, Jackson, Lloyd, Long and Laurenitis would all be Pro Bowl players on any decent team, so they've managed to be this bad even though they have at leave five top-notch players on the team. Absolutely amazing! Time to clean house...again!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2011, 3:45 AM Reply   
Tony SPARANO and Todd Haley are gone.Which coach or coaches are next?I suspect one from the NFC EAST will be gone.Caldwell will go if the colts go 0-16.AFC west.will lose a coach,probably Norv Turner.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2011, 3:49 AM Reply   
Thursday Night Game
JAC@ATL-Falcons
Saturday Night Game
DAL@TB-Cowboys in a must win game.
I'll pick the rest tomorrow.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-14-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
^I would say Garrett may be the next victim.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-15-2011, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^I would say Garrett may be the next victim.
Looks like it will be Raheem morris for the Bucs.Also Caldwell if they lose their last 3.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
Garret will be a much better coach next year with peyton manning as his qb. I always backed romo's ability, but i am done with him. Missing a wide open reciever that would have sealed the victory against the giants was the last straw for me.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Garret will be a much better coach next year with peyton manning as his qb. I always backed romo's ability, but i am done with him. Missing a wide open reciever that would have sealed the victory against the giants was the last straw for me.
MB3 should shoulder a lot more of the blame then Romo. MB3 ran out of bounds when he could of fell inbounds and amost ran out the clock. Then he fumbled to give the ball to God in OT.

How about the idiot play caller who called a friggening toss sweep when they are trying to run the clock out? The idiot called a play that forces his running back to catch the ball outside and run outside. Just a stupid play call.

Truth be told the Cowboys are just a bunch of bumbling idiots and have been for the last decade. The entire team constantly finds ways to blow it. They are like hte Cougs of the NFL. Pretty soon when people blow it they are going to say "those idiots totally cowboyed it" kind of like "getting Munsoned".
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
MB3 is on the bears now, not the cowboys. those plays were during the bears/broncos game, not cowboys/giants game.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
MB3 is on the bears now, not the cowboys. those plays were during the bears/broncos game, not cowboys/giants game.
I am the idiot I guess. What in the hell was I thinking.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-15-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
"Garret will be a much better coach next year with peyton manning as his qb"

Is Garrett going to be the coach at Tennessee or Indy next year? Peyton has said those are the only two teams he would play for.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
JAC@ATL Falcons

DAL@TB Bucs

MIA@BUF Bills
SEA@CHI Hawks
CAR@HOU Texans
TEN@IND Titans
GB@KC Pack
NO@MIN Saints
WAS@NYG Giants
CIN@STL Bengals
DET@OAK Raiders
CLE@ARI Cards
NE@DEN Pats
NYJ@PHI Jets
BAL@SD Bolts

PIT@SF Steelers
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2011, 5:30 PM Reply   
No way indy trades peyton within the division. I dont see how they would cut him either. Dallas makes sense, as romo's days are numbered. At least they should be.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
JAC@ATL Falcons

DAL@TB Dallas

MIA@BUF Miami
SEA@CHI Hawks
CAR@HOU Texans
TEN@IND Titans
GB@KC Pack
NO@MIN Saints
WAS@NYG Giants
CIN@STL Bengals
DET@OAK Raiders
CLE@ARI Cards
NE@DEN Pats
NYJ@PHI philly
BAL@SD BAltimore

PIT@SF San Fran
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-15-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why don't you blame who is really at fault.Romo got you the 12 point lead and in position for a tie.The defense allowed over 500 yards and 15 points in the last 5 minutes.Besides who knows if Peyton will ever play another down.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-15-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
Okay here's the rest of my picks
SUNDAY 1:00 GAMES
MIA@BUF-BILLS win Miami doesn't have a coach and they don't like the cold.
SEA@CHI-Tough one,but i'll take Seattle till Bears show me some offense.
CAR@HOU-Texans and the no1 defense will pass the test against CAM.
TEN@IND-Titans should win.
GB@KC-Packers and Rodgers over palko.
NO@MIN-SAINTS love to play in a dome.BREES to another win.
WAS@NYG-Giants,but i wouldn't be suprised if Redskins Sweep the giants.
CIN@STL-Bengals defense is too tough for the Rams.Bengals win.
SUNDAY 4:00 GAMES
DET@OAK-Lions roar to a win behind Suh and Stafford.
Cle@ARI-Cardinals at home.
NE@DEN-I believe in TEBOW,but i'm sold on BRADY.Patriots win.
NYJ@PHI-Mike Vick feels the pain.Jets win
SUNDAY NIGHT GAME
BAL@SD-Ravens if Ray Lewis plays.San Diego if he doesn't.
MONDAY NIGHT GAME
PIT@SF-49ERS will be too tough at home for the banged up Steelers.
There you go another weeks picks in the books.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-16-2011, 3:40 AM Reply   
Who would trade for Peyton? I have been a huge fan since his days as a Vol, but I think at this point he would be a huge liability for any team, particularly one that has to give up a lot to get him. I see him staying with Indy, if he still plays, and becoming a mentor to Andrew Luck a la Favre and Rogers.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
if he still plays, and becoming a mentor to Andrew Luck a la Favre and Rogers.
I think that is the Colts best bet.... but after Payton being this year it is painfully obvious their team needs a lot of work.... maybe trade that #1 pick and build up the team and wait for another QB to come along.... there will be more QBs to come through the ranks.

I still say there is enough of a chance Luck is a Tim Couch or Russel, you just never know, to risky to put all your eggs in that basket.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I think that is the Colts best bet.... but after Payton being this year it is painfully obvious their team needs a lot of work.... maybe trade that #1 pick and build up the team and wait for another QB to come along.... there will be more QBs to come through the ranks.

I still say there is enough of a chance Luck is a Tim Couch or Russel, you just never know, to risky to put all your eggs in that basket.
They do seem to need a lot of work. That might be a pretty good option. Start over again clean and keep Payton for a couple of years while they are rebuilding. I wonder if Payton would agree to that though? Luck is pretty reidiculous. I am not sure Couch or Russel eaither had close to the understanding of the game that Luck has. Luck is like Payton in that he is pretty much a coach on the field and you can trust him to change to the correct play at the line depending on what the defense shows. Tough to pass on that. Especially when he has the running ability of Luck, the size, the arm, etc... He is basically the 100% prototypical QB in size, athleticism and mind(at least appears to be).
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
It does not sound like peyton has any interest in being a mentor. At least what is coming out of his camp. Pretty dumb, imo. He should mentor the kid for 2 years, and then hand the reigns over. The problem is, no team wants to pay a first overall pick big bucks, and watch him site for 2 years. That is part of the problem with the nfl. Paying these kids ridiculous sums of money before they even play a down, and you are forced by the ownership to play them before they are physically, and mentally prepared to handle the pro game.
Taking a top qb and putting him on a team with zero protection, and you are destined for failure. See david carr for an example.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-16-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
^I thought with the new collective bargaining agreement, you won't have the rookies with the ability to command a huge salary.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
The teams don't have to pay out all that outrageous money to 1st round picks anymore.The new collective bargaining agreement changed all that.The Colts could easily afford to keep Peyton and Andrew on the same payroll.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Lets talk about that when Luck signs a fat deal.
I dont think you will have more deals like (i believe McCoys) rookies will be guaranteed more than tom brady was making, but still.
I think draft picks, compensation, and miles austin for peyton would be doable.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
Seattle over Chicago

Bengals over Rams

Pittsburgh over San Fran

Az over Browns

This week Seattle keeps moving towards the ever elusive wild card.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
What part of "the Cowboys don't need Peyton Manning" don't you understand.If you give up miles to get Peyton,who will he have to throw to.If Tony [who is a 10 times more elusive QB than Manning] is getting sacked Peyton wouldn't last a season.T he Cowboys need defensive help ie pass rush up the middle and CB's
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What part of "the Cowboys don't need Peyton Manning" don't you understand.If you give up miles to get Peyton,who will he have to throw to.If Tony [who is a 10 times more elusive QB than Manning] is getting sacked Peyton wouldn't last a season.T he Cowboys need defensive help ie pass rush up the middle and CB's
I hate the Cowboys but what do you mean who would he have to throw to? They have Dez Bryant, Robinson, Witten and a good receiving back in Murray. He would have plenty of weapons. now protecting him migh tbe a different story. He is definately a statue compared to Romo.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
what Brett says!
Romo cant finish games. period, end of story. I dont care how bad your defense is, if you have a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to play, a good finishing qb wins that game 99 times out of 100. Romo cant do that. hey, I was as big on the guy as anyone after the seattle (snot ball) debacle from a few years back. he has had plenty of time to prove himself, and he hasnt done it. manning will put up 13 good games, 2 stinkers, and 1 iffy per season. Romo will put up 8 good games, 6 stinkers, and 2 iffys each year. and that is if he doesnt get hurt.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
You guys don't watch the game.Why do you think Manning is out now?He took a hit in the saints game last year.NO QB in the league plays defense.Put Manning on the Packers and he would get killed.The reason Rodgers is so sucessful is he's mobile.Many more reasons but i'm talking to a wall anyway.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
You guys don't watch the game.Why do you think Manning is out now?He took a hit in the saints game last year.NO QB in the league plays defense.Put Manning on the Packers and he would get killed.The reason Rodgers is so sucessful is he's mobile.Many more reasons but i'm talking to a wall anyway.
Not sure if you are including me as "guys" but I agree with you. I just pointed out that you saying he wouldn't have anybody to throw to is completely untrue.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
I thought you were a cowboys fan? yet, Brett mentioned 4 great receivers/backs that he could throw to, and WE dont watch the game? gimme a break. are you saying the days of the pocket passer are over? I highly doubt that. protection for your qb, and defense are extremely important, I wont argue that. but to say manning would get killed on the packers team is a stretch. manning is by far, the smartest qb to play this game. he makes reads of defenses, and audibles at the line better than anyone ever has. he could probably read defenses that Rogers cant, and not have to worry about scrambling so much.
and saying Manning is out now because of a hit he took last year, has no relevance on this conversation. Brady missed a season, Brees almost lost his career, and those had nothing to do with protection issues. last time I checked, those 2 dudes were top 5 qb's in the league.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
No doubt they have good recievers,but if you have a defense that gives up BIG plays your doomed.Look at the Colts since they won the Super Bowl.They HAD a good defense.Now even the great manning can't do it by himself.Look at New England since they won their last Super Bowl.Defense has gone down and even with Brady they can't win the big one.Same with the saints and possible the Packers.Although i feel Rodgers is on fire and easily the BEST QB in the league THIS YEAR.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
For all you ROMO haters,here's a fact.This year Romo has a 100.6 passer rating for the YEAR[Bucs game not included].There are only 3 QB'S rated higher.AARON Rodgers,Tom Brady and Drew Brees.Put that in your pipe and smoke it.Miles Austin is on fire against the Bucs in case you aren't watching.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
Another quick fact.In the history of football only 3 QB's have reached 20000 yards in 75 starts or less Dan Marino,Kurt Warner and Tony Romo.IN the history of football only 3 QB'S have more wins in their first 50 games Tom Brady,Peyton Manning and Ben Rothlesberger then Tony ROMO.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Another literal ass whipping delivered by my Hawks!

This makes five out of the last six for those of you who haven't been paying attention.

I've noticed a distinct lack of calling out my delusional alliance lately?

Anyone care to take the foolish bet that San Fran beats My boys at home. It's lined up just the way we like it. Christmas eve, coming off of a literal stomping of our last three opponents, twelfth man in full affect. Not a good time for the Niner's to be walking into our house.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-18-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Finally, we can quit hearing the talk about a perfect season. Wonder if any of the Pack fans sliced their wrists with their cheese knife? I just can't believe it was the Chiefs that took them down.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-18-2011, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Another literal ass whipping delivered by my Hawks!

This makes five out of the last six for those of you who haven't been paying attention.

I've noticed a distinct lack of calling out my delusional alliance lately?

Anyone care to take the foolish bet that San Fran beats My boys at home. It's lined up just the way we like it. Christmas eve, coming off of a literal stomping of our last three opponents, twelfth man in full affect. Not a good time for the Niner's to be walking into our house.
I'll take the Niners.They are playing for the NO.2 Seed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-18-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Finally, we can quit hearing the talk about a perfect season. Wonder if any of the Pack fans sliced their wrists with their cheese knife? I just can't believe it was the Chiefs that took them down.
Finally INDY gets off the winless ranks against none other than the Titans!Well you got to be remembered for something.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-18-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
Another fun fact.Tony Romo has the second highest lifetime passer rating behind only AARON RODGERS.That's every QB who's ever played the game and thrown at leat 335 passes.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-18-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
JAC@ATL Falcons

DAL@TB Bucs

MIA@BUF Bills
SEA@CHI Hawks
CAR@HOU Texans
TEN@IND Titans
GB@KC Pack
NO@MIN Saints
WAS@NYG Giants
CIN@STL Bengals
DET@OAK Raiders
CLE@ARI Cards
NE@DEN Pats
NYJ@PHI Jets
BAL@SD Bolts

PIT@SF Steelers
Damn Hate, 8 losses in the first 13 games this week. Ouch.

Awesome that the Hawks layed the smack down but with Atlanta and Detriot winning they are almost completely out of it. Seattle has to win out and Detroit to lose the remaining 2 to get in.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
Robert,

You're on. Looser donates fifty bucks to toys for tots after the game?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Brett,

Detroit could very easily lose to San Diego and Green Bay.

Seattle can also beat San Fran at home and Az away if they continue to stay focused.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-18-2011, 6:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Brett,

Detroit could very easily lose to San Diego and Green Bay.

Seattle can also beat San Fran at home and Az away if they continue to stay focused.
Detroit could easily do blow it. Wouldn't that be great. Maybe even get San Fran in the first week of the playoffs.
Old     (HateAndPain)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-18-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, horrible week for picks for me with all the upsets. I would concur that the games Detroit has to playbare very losable but with one caveat. Neither team really has anything to play for now since they both have clinched their respective divisions and GB lost so no more perfection.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2011, 4:17 AM Reply   
"Finally INDY gets off the winless ranks against none other than the Titans!Well you got to be remembered for something."

I was ashamed to be a fan yesterday. I just don't understand the team. One week they look like a playoff team, the next, well, just watch the highlights of yesterday's game. I wish they would have put Locker into the game earlier. We have still exceeded expectations this season, Tennessee was picked to win 3 games this season and to be in the cellar of the AFC South.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-19-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
Looks like polar bill will win this week.Congratulations!
Old    sperbet            12-19-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:

No to mention the 9ers are getting screwed again by having to play on a short week. Monday nighter than a Saturday game. WTF NFL!?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-19-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
ehem.... if the Niners lose I will be 100% correct this week....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-19-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
That was a crazy weekend of football for sure, including the Bowl games on Saturday.

I like that San Fran plays tonight and only has 4 days between the game against the HAwks. The Clink(god I hate that name) will be rocking. Lots of sauced up green meanies(thanks for that label sissy Redskins fans) are going to be going crazy. I could see Alex Smith having an absolutely terrible game. Seattle is going to have to makes some plays on defense and special teams because chances are Beastmode isn't going to be running around wild. I could definately see Red Bryant and Browner high stepping it into the endzone though.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Beastmode sounds so queer.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-19-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Beastmode sounds so queer.
Ok???
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
Saying "Beastmode sounds so queer." sounds so gay.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Man, say "beastmode" played for Robert's Cowboys. You guys would be saying the same thing. Trust me, in five years, Seattle fans will say, "What were we thinking?".
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-19-2011, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Man, say "beastmode" played for Robert's Cowboys. You guys would be saying the same thing. Trust me, in five years, Seattle fans will say, "What were we thinking?".
Yeah",Marion the Barbarian" sounded good back in the day.Now i can't believe i have one of those t-shirts.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
^What about Ochocinco? Hell, even he's wanting to go back to Chad Johnson.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-19-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
I'm going to go ahead and predict it's gonna be a loooooong time before another running back has a run as memorable as his against New Orleans last year. All he's done this year is rack up over a thousand yards running behind a bunch of no name offensive linemen. Nothing impressive there either. Can't bag on his performance so I quess it's time to shift to his nickname.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Even B.o.B. is on board with Beast Mode

He's been Beast Mode long before he became a Seahawk
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
"Can't bag on his performance so I quess it's time to shift to his nickname."

You guys were saying the same things about the Boz.

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-19-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
Yup... Bo knows never really stuck either.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-19-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 4:14 AM Reply   
The STEELERS took a azz whooping last night.Big Ben sacked 3 times,fumbled once and 3 interceptions.3 total points.They only gave up 20 points[to the 49ers potent offense] and got 0 turnovers.Is this the beginning of a late season collapse?We will find out next week against the Rams.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-20-2011, 5:06 AM Reply   
"I'm going to go ahead and predict it's gonna be a loooooong time"

Is that kind of like this prediction?

"Pittsburgh over San Fran"

Or better, this one?

"There you have it. The Hawks win their division, win their first home playoff game, host the NFC Championship"
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
You know the Majority of the World is going to pick SanFrancisco over Seattle this week.I already did a week ago.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
Is san fran for real? Or is pitt that banged up?
The niners D looked playoff tough last night. I just wonder how they would do against a healthy playoff team.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
Niners played a crippled Ben. Nothing special about beating a mobile qb thats limping around the backfield.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-20-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Niners played a crippled Ben. Nothing special about beating a mobile qb thats limping around the backfield.
Oh I forgot last night was the night that the Steelers played with only one player, Big Ben, the rest of the team sat out to see how he could play on his own.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
WORST WEEK FOR PICKS EVER FOR ME!!!

Quote:
You guys were saying the same things about the Boz.
Not at all, The Boz never panned out and was never liked in Seattle. That is of course until his blockbuster hit movie Stone Cold
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is san fran for real? Or is pitt that banged up?
The niners D looked playoff tough last night. I just wonder how they would do against a healthy playoff team.
Tony Romo beat them in San Francisco with broken ribs and a punctured lung.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
We will see how Seattle fairs.With a healthy QB.At least when the game starts.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
When he does that in the playoffs, come talk to me.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-20-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
Did you really compare Romo to Big Ben? WOW!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
pssst... secret... Jackson hasn't been healthy in weeks,Torn pec.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ssv View Post
Did you really compare Romo to Big Ben? WOW!
Yeah Romo has a higher lifetime passer rating,a higher passer rating this year and threw for 20000 yards in less games.Romo is only behind big ben in two catagories.Most wins in first 50 games and playoff wins.Both of those are really team statistics.Remember Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and with all the interceptions big ben throws he needs a awesome Defense.Romo has also thrown for more yards this year and like i said above He beat THE 49ers at their house with broken ribs and a punctured lung.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
I think Pittsburg is just an ageing team but they should beat ST. LOUIS and Cleveland since Bradford is out and McCOY has concussion symptoms still.
Old    sperbet            12-20-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah Romo has a higher lifetime passer rating,a higher passer rating this year and threw for 20000 yards in less games.Romo is only behind big ben in two catagories.Most wins in first 50 games and playoff wins.Both of those are really team statistics.Remember Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and with all the interceptions big ben throws he needs a awesome Defense.Romo has also thrown for more yards this year and like i said above He beat THE 49ers at their house with broken ribs and a punctured lung.
Sorry, big games matter more than meaningless ones. If you really believe that Romo is in the same class as Big Ben you're a blind homer. They don't even belong in the same category. Get back to us when Romo wins ONE playoff game.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
"Get back to us when Romo wins ONE playoff game."
I am a cowboys fan, and I agree with this statement.Romo needs to come up big, in a big, important game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-22-2011, 4:07 PM Reply   
WEEK 16 Picks
THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
HOU@IND-Texans and Defense win this one
SATURDAY EARLY GAMES
MIA@NE-Miami is playing good,but the Patriots are playing Better.Patriots win at home.
TB@CAR-Cam and Smith will let Carolina have a easy win.
STL@PIT-Big Ben won't play.The Steelers should win at home with Batch.
MIN@WAS-The Redskins are starting to believe.They win as a Team.
CLE@BAL-McCoy probable won't play,so Ravens should win.
ARI@CIN-Bengals had trouble with the Rams,but their Defense should help them win.
DEN@BUF-Broncos say"It's TEBOW time" as they pull off another 4th quarter win.
OAK@KC-Chiefs are on a roll and win at home.
NYG@NYJ-The sewer bowl.Both teams stink right now.Both teams are at home.Giants should win.
JAC@TEN-I think the Titans will bounce back since Hasselback is playing.Titans win.
SATURDAY LATE GAMES
SD@DET-This has got to be the toughest one to pick.Detriot Lions at home.
PHI@DAL-The first game was dominated by Philly,but i think the Cowboys will pull this one out at the end.
SF@SEA-49ers all the way.Beast mode will be shut down.Jackson will be harrased into 2 or 3 picks.
SUNDAY NIGHT GAME
CHI@GB-Packers have to find a way to win despite OL injuries.
MONDAY NIGHT GAME
ATL@NO-This ones always close,but i'll take the Saints at home.
Let's see if i even come close this week?
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-23-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Wow, it's going to be crazy if the Colts play themselves out of the #1 pick in the last 3 weeks of the season....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-23-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow, it's going to be crazy if the Colts play themselves out of the #1 pick in the last 3 weeks of the season....
I would be willing to bet someone upstairs looked at all the tie-breakers and knew they could finish with 2 wins and not lose the number one pick. If the Vikes and Rams win this week (unlikely) the Colts can go for one more... but if either team loses I think the Colts losing in in week 17 will be the safest bet Vegas has ever seen.

I think Houston wanted Indy to win too...
Houstons postion = We are in the playoffs, and really have nothing else to play for besides a better seed if other things happen for us ---- also if Indy win that means that a division rival might NOT get the number 1 pick, which is good for us.

Perfect world for Houston is Indy beats them, Houston wins last game, Vikes and Rams lose out, and Indy wins week 17..... Houston gets playoffs, Indy does NOT get Luck or an amazing trade for the pick.