Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (anthony)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-20-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
I have a 03 Centurion elite v air warrior when we wakeboard we use a bow sac under the bow seats a 400# sac each side of engine and factory center tank, 250#s I think.When surfing we use a 750# port side of engine 400# under passenger seat center tank,bow sac and people.I'm sick of throwing the pump overboard and asking people to move all the time so I'd like install a fully automatic system but need help with design. I think i want to put a 400# starboard side of engine,750# port side engine for more surf weight,400# under passenger seat for surfing and the bow sac.So im wondering if i can link the bow sac and factory center tank together and put other 3 sacs on there own switches? What kind of pumps would be best? I kinda like the factory set up where the water drains out the side when full. Where to put manifold and get water, theres a 1" drain hole under back center seat that looks good if big enough? Where to put check and solenoid valves? Do i need vents? Easy operation is my main concern. Any help and advice would be great thanks.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
I’ve got the same boat (01') and have a similar system to yours. I worked as a rigger at stealership and did a bunch of ballast systems and this system is what worked best for me. I have 750s in the v-drive compartment 400 under the port bench seat and a integrated bow sac under the bow seat. I have two simer brand pumps filling and emptying the 750's and one ballast puppy pump run through a y valve to fill the 400 and the bow sac since i leave the bow sac through full all the time.

I built the system completely separate from the stock system to keep the system simple. I started with an 1 1/2” through hull and seacock, then tee’d ( two tee’s) it to three 1” hose barbs. Then run hose to each of the pumps. I found that a reinforced hose is the best because the suction of the pumps can collapse some hoses. Any solid state plumbing (copper, or pvc pipe) is not coast guard approved since the vibrations in boats can cause leaks in the joints. From the pumps, run hose the bags, a inlet located on the bottom of the sac seems to work better. From the ballast puppy I ran a hose forward to a y valve under the port bench seat, with one hose to the bow sac and one length of hose long enough to reach around the boat to fill and empty my extra sac where ever I place it. (walk through for wake boarding or sides for surfing) The bow and rear sacs have vents out the side with check valves inline. Three switches on the dash with circuit breakers instead of fuse as when the pumps run dry they thrip the breaker and it is easy to reset.

send me a message if you have any questions