Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (honestinokc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
I have a 1998 Mastercraft Prostar 205. Everything was working great when I had it winterized back in November. I went out this last weekend went out to start it up and none of the guages work. It will start and all the accessory switches work (lights, depth finder, blower, stereo, ect...) Any idea's on what could cause this? Or what I could do to fix it or troubleshoot it?

Thanks.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-30-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Did you check your circuit breakers? Because all of they gauges are not working it is most likely a power issue, with a bad ground second inline.
Old     (honestinokc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Do you know where the circuit breakers are located? I couldnt find any fuses or circuit breakers that went to the gauges. I found the fuses for the accessory switches because under each switch is a fuse, but I couldnt find any for the gauges. Thanks for the help.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
This is a common problem with Mastercrafts in this era (1997-2002). The gauges are prone to failure, they will also begin to work intermittently, I had this problem (and still do) and it has been a total pain in the arse. Under warranty, I had the guage cluster replaced and I am still having problems today. Some days my fuel gauge will work and my voltmeter won't and vice versa. Since my boat is no longer under warranty and I had the cluster replaced twice, I have given up hope. When I went through this with Mastercraft, they were not 100% on what the problem was. If you find out anything, I hope you will post it.
Old     (honestinokc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Someone mentioned to me it might be the MDC Box? Have you ever heard of that? I dont even know where the MDC box is or what it does.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Same problem with my malibu.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-01-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Every thing worked. You let it sit for several months. Now it doesn't work.
My guess is corrosion where a ground wire is bolted or screwed.