Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    billy_ray            03-09-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
my dad just bought a new o6 malbu vlx...is there anything he should now about it...how can i get the best wakes....how does it handle the chop??
Old     (old_chicago)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-09-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Can your dad adopt me?
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
Best wakes are with full MLS and about 2-300 in the nose. You might want to try shifting some weight around to suit your riding. I have some guys in the crew that just want the wedge. Recently I have been making people ride in the bow and it really helps smooth and increase wake size with the wedge deployed.
Buy the carpet insert or make one, before the first oil change.
Sometimes the factory will over fill the new Hurth tranny and it will spill out the breather. It has happened to several people early in production last year.
Break it in exactly like the manual states, then run it hard for a few minutes every time out.
As far as chop, much better than my old DD, much better than the old 23V, but right now I don't think that matters- the boat is already bought. Have fun, you will probably love the wake, like most people.