Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       03-25-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Wondering what wax you guys prefer on your boats?
How long did you guys wait before you wax your boat for the first time? I have been getting mixed reviews. Some say as soon as you get your boat from the dealer, some say not until 20 hours.
Old    swass            03-25-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
OK, I'll bite: Why 20 hours?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I would say wax it as soon as you get it. What does engine hours have to do with Gel Coat? That doesn't make any sense.

I use Meguire's or any good caranuba (spelling?) wax. I've read some threads where people suggested using 303 instead of wax. I just picked up a bottle of 303 and will be giving it a try this weekend.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       03-25-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
whats up Brian. How is the new boat? I use a company called, "The Wax Shop". they sell it at most of your local kragens. Not to thick and wipes oss easy. nice wax coat. check it out.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-25-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
You could always use zymol too. It is a polish/wax and wont build up. I'd use it immediately to make sure contaminants dont get in the gelcoat pores.

I'm guess this means you got the new boat. Hope to see it at spring ride.

Peace
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       03-25-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Brian- This is not a "wakeboarding discussion".
This topic belongs under boat and accesories.
I would move it but im not a moderator here.
Just wanted to make sure you knew.
LOL.
Your truck will be done soon.

What up Isaac and evin??
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-25-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Use what ever your dealer reconmends
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       03-25-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
What up Issac and Evan. I picked up my boat 2 weeks ago. The stereo is being installed now. I have a pic of it in my profile.
My boat was waxed from the dealer, but I did not know if I should wax it now, or wait a while
Old     (ruffneckrider)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-25-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
timber, congrats on the boat it looks bad a$$ i'm still pumped from the day I picked mine up! hope to see it soon.
Old    jws            03-26-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
In my experience the Marine Version of Meguars cleaner wax works the best..... I have 303 and it works awewome on seats, but does nothing for the water spots on the gel coat. Your boat should be cured when you buy it. Wax is unlike paint which take a month to cure. (Fiberglas gel coat will not cure any further in open air.) If you wax it soon it will also help to keep the scunge in the water from sticking and make it easier to wipe of when you take it out of the water.
Old    murrayair            03-26-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Brian- Awesome boat, man! I would play it safe and wax it now. Even if they did it at the dealer, there is no harm in doing it again.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       03-26-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Mark.
Are you going to be at the spring ride?