Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
For those that trailer their rides, what PSI should I run in a 225 75 15 Trail America for a 20 foot Outback? Thank you, Jason.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-21-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
You should only use the max cold psi rating on the tire itself. Do not use any other guess from someone here on this discussion board.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Agree with Chris, it is stamped right on the sidewall of the tire.
Run them at the max. for the longest service life, best milage, and highest weight rating.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-21-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
if you pump up the max rated tire pressure by 50 psi you can ALWAYS get up to 27.375% better fuel economy 17% of the time.

Plus, if you rub real pieces of panter bits on your boat, it will make you stomp tricks you never imagined in your willlldest dreams..

Im just sayin.....

Go with what's on the side of the tire.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
The sticker on my trailer for a 22' Supra says 50psi so that is what I run. I think it also says 50psi max on the tires as well.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's what I did, but 65 PSI is on the side of the tire, and that seemed really high to me.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       04-21-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Unless Trail America recommends otherwise, I'd stick with cold pressure within the range on the side of the tire. Your trailer should indicate tire pressures for the loads it's rated to carry.

IF you were running Goodyear Marathons, they provide more specific information regarding the tire pressure of their SL-rated rubber... up to 10 lbs pressure above the max listed on the sidewall if you plan on towing above 65mph.

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/marathon_gen_info_032806.pdf
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Maximum inflated pressure gives you the best mileage and maximum load capacity. If you lower the pressure and are not near the maximum tire load you would get longer tread life. Usually trailer tires get old before they get worn out so running the max cold pressure is the easiest choice.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Just did mine yesterday...said 50 psi max I did 45.