Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what this stupid black box is on my Mac? My kid got a hold of my laptop today and now I cant get rid of this box. I cant click on it, its always on top and I can only drag it around the screen. It seems to be some kind of dialog box that details what I am currently doing. Annoying as hell!
Attached Images

Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-03-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Did you try and do a force quit. That should list everything that is running and I'm sure the black box is the one thing you won't recognize
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
You should be able to go up to the top left hand corner under "Grab" and quit it.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Its not the "Grab" uitility, that's just the app I used to take the screen shot. Force quit didn't show anything out of the ordinary (Firefox, Finder, Grab, Preview) I quit everything and its still there.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-03-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
Or just restart your computer. It doesn't look like you have anything that needs to be saved.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
I did a restart too. No luck. Its still there.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-03-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner and select "Recent Items" and see if there is anything not recognizable (something you haven't done) on that list.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-03-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
Do you have Time Machine set up on your Mac? If so restore your computer to an earlier time (before your son got a hold of your computer).
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-03-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
It sounds like you have Universal Access turned on.

In your Dock (the line of icons at the bottom of your screen) click on the icon labeled "System Preferences" (it looks like a gear box).

When the panel opens, the last icon in the System will be "Universal Access" (a blue circle with a little man). Click the icon and the panel will change.

Under the heading "Seeing" set the radio buttons for "VoiceOver" to "Off".

That should do it.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
That did the trick Joel! Thanks
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-03-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
now you can stop banging your head against the wall.