Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-15-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
so put the new (spare) on and limped home.I heard you should back flush the system.How do I do that?Or does the dealer have to do it?
Old    fun9c1            06-16-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
Dude, you have the same exact boat I do! Any pics?

About the impeller, where I found most, if not all, of my impeller pieces when that happened to me was on the INLET side of the impeller. Take off the hose from the impeller to the tranny cooler and I bet you'll find chunks in there. Also re-check the four passages in the impeller housing again before you put it back together. I mean I'd take the impeller right out of the housing again and make sure everything's out of it. I lost every vane in mine last fall on my last run of the year. I cleaned out all the chunks on the inlet side. I also checked the outlet side to the t-stat and found nothing. Runs at normal temp now, but I did install this for piece of mind next time just so I know all the pieces will be accounted for. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/69621.html?1054821358

As far as backflushing, I'm not sure, but I would think you'd take the 1" hoses off the exh manifolds and stick a garden hose in them. If someone knows for sure hopefully they'll post instructions. Mine is fine without having done that, though. Let us know what you find!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-16-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
No pics yet sorry,But I'm waiting on my new Wakeair tower to get finished so it can get put on.Then I def. need some pics of it.Yeah as far as the impeller goes every vane was gone as far down as the base.I just got the boat last year so I am a new boat owner well sorta 1 yr. So i had someone service it for me and he said my wear plate for my impeller is going bad sure enough about 20 hours later there went the impeller.