Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       09-11-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
I just bought a set of rev 10's and would like to keep them looking good! I often take them off the tower to keep them out of the weather and free from wear and tear. Im thinking of getting the wet sounds covers for when they are left on the boat. Anybody have any positive or negative feedback? I know the rev housing plastic material is not very scratch resistant so hopefully this material doesn't rub too much on it.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-11-2014, 11:33 AM Reply   
They are neoprene and seem nice. Kind of expensive for what they are though.
Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
they work great, but the tops of the speakers still get sun on them and fade. But I guess it doesnt matter, you dont see the top anyways.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       09-11-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
I usually keep my bimini up for the kids so not worried about fading. I just want to keep them clean and scuff free when not in use. Might add a little strap for carrying if possible (i haven't seen them in person to check).
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-11-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
Curious why they dont come with the speakers?? Just assumed they did.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-11-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
I've been looking at Speakersox for my Rev410s, but have yet to pull the trigger on them. There have been some good reviews on WW about them and the price is more affordable. Just something else to look at.

http://www.speakersox.com/home.htm
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-11-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
The speaker sox are a good product but the black still fades quit quickly. You then have brown covers.
Attached Images

Old     (jafo9)      Join Date: May 2012       09-11-2014, 5:00 PM Reply   
they are pretty spendy for what you get, but i'd buy them again for my 8's. the fit very well and a very nice feature is the built in carry handle. makes moving them much more secure during transport and gives me confidence i won't drop my expensive toys.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-11-2014, 5:26 PM Reply   
Idk how you guys take your speakers on and off so frequently.
The connections to the clamp left on the tower, and the speaker enclosure are cheap as ****.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-12-2014, 5:15 AM Reply   
Beyondthewake.com
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-12-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
the WetSounds brand speaker covers are very expensive but I can tell you that they are VERY well made. I've had mine for almost 2 years and no fading, no wear at all almost. And they fit VERY snuggly and have handles to boot. I love mine and wouldn't even consider another brand. You're protecting REV 10's after all!
Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-12-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Mine were also speaker sox and they did fad fairly quickly. I know someone who has the wetsounds brand and they fade too. Either way I'd rather the covers fade than the speakers.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-12-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
The speaker sox are a good product but the black still fades quit quickly. You then have brown covers.
Are your speaker sox the "extreme" material they advertise or the standard material? Do you tow with your sox on the speakers? Just trying to decide if the extra $8 is worth it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-12-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
Jason: I honestly don't remember which ones they were. Probably just the basic style. I don't even have this boat anymore as I sold it in the spring. But, yes I towed with the covers on all the time.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-12-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
They are basically the same type of cover that comes with a motorcycle or motocross helmet.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       09-12-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
Anyone have good pictures of how the wet sounds covers look? Do they leave rub marks since they fit so tight?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-12-2014, 8:07 PM Reply   
I have not seen any wear marks left by the Wet Sounds covers.
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-13-2014, 4:41 AM Reply   
WS cover. Thay are expensive, but glad i got them. Protection from everYthing.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       09-13-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
Since my speakers mount on the side of the tower, can i get covers with the logo turned 90 deg so that it is oriented correctly?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-13-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
For those of you with the speaker soxx here is an easy way to combat the "fade" issue if you're boat is stored with them outside in the sun. When you lay it up turn the speaker soxx inside out an put them on while they are left to bake in the sun. Then if you are towing or heading for a trip and you like that new look you want everyone to see you simply swap them and viola the look brand new on the other side .