Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    grizzle            11-07-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone else has to deal with this at work. I work on the 6th floor of a building on an island where my window overlooks a small cove in Tampa Bay. There has been a wake boat pulling riders all morning while I'm stuck inside struggling to get through the day.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       11-07-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
I work right on the ocean where I can see good waves, and also the days where there is no wind for boarding. I got doubly screwed. Oh well I'm getting back at them by being on wakeworld
Old    lucky            11-07-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
Golf Course and a glassy lake with in eye sight. No boats allowed on this particular lake but the glassy water plays tricks with my head. There is one section that would be a sweet ollie section in a movie. Large pond with fountains and a water fall, side walk goes around pond section, water fall goes under side walk, to foot drop into a very large pond/lake. I have envisioned this many times as I spend my 8 hours daily viewing Wake World and other various means of procrastination.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
At least you get to have your dream Clay - I'm in my office and there is no window overlooking a cove pulling wakeboarders! Think of yourself as in a "fortunate man's hell."

Old    grizzle            11-07-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
David, Laugh !!
Yea, I work on Rocky Point, and right there in front of the Green Iguana sometimes you'll see wakeboarders. I had to tape a set of plans on the window in order to get some work done today. Are you coming out to Eric's lakehouse this weekend on East Lake ? Ought to be a good time !
Greg,
that does sound like a sick video shoot location !
Old    lucky            11-07-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Along the same lines, I have to cross the Intracoastal to get to work every morning. The sun coming up over perfect glass. At least once a week I see someone riding. That is the worst. My wife really needs to finish law school so I can retire and meet those guys.
Old    yellowdog            11-07-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
I feel your pain!!! I work on the 7th floor of a building that is one block away from the Willamette River in Portland. It is a little cold for most people to be our riding; however, when it is warm out, I'm in the fortunate man's hell.
Old    grizzle            11-07-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
The subject line in this thread should have read "Fortunate Man's Hell"... I did like that description.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
hahahaha... I'm a witty one. lol.

Clay - I'm not sure about this weekend. I'd like to come out with my fiance, but with Eric having someone in from out of town, and all the other folks, I don't want to intrude being a newbie to your weekend group. I'm calling him sometime today to get his take on it, and see how many boats you guys will have out there. I don't want to cramp anyone's style. I'm sure we'll meet up soon.

By the way, I know right where you work over there on Rocky Point - great view over there.
Old    grizzle            11-07-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Newbies are always welcome, and the friend is old college roomate of Eric and I's. Saturday will be less crowded, and I know for a fact that when you call him, he'll tell you to come on out.

Waterford Plaza... my window faces the Day's Inn where they have boat / jetski rentals. It drives me crazy !
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Ah yes, you're reminding me of my past visits to go to Bahama Breeze for their margaritas back when I used to live a little closer to that area. mmmmmm.... I think I need a drink.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
I dont quite have the ocean to look at but I am on the 4th floor and Pikes Peak is directly out the window. Makes me want to snowboard since it's covered in snow.
Old     (jamesb)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-09-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
I am on the 19th floor and if I turn around out my window I look at the Sydney Opera House and harbour bridge as well as Sydney harbour. Its hard cause I just want to get out and enjoy the sunshine, but atleast I get a top view looking at the prettiest city in the world all day long.

No complaints here.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-10-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
Man are you guys lucky to even have a window to look out of! I'm in cubicle hell here, with no window in sight. The only hint of weather I get to see is from the weather.com local forecast

But, on the plus side, it's 1 more year till my mortgage is paid off, then I can start looking at 3 day work weeks

Trash

(Message edited by trash on November 10, 2003)
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-11-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Greg, get a supercharged golf cart to pull me, and I'm down for that video session!

Clay, Tempe Town Lake twice a day. On my way to work and back. I don't think I could take it if I worked in the building that is right there on the other side overlooking the whole thing. I think the before and after work glimps is enough.

I have another definition for your "fortunate man's hell"
I ride about 2-3 times a week in the summer, but don't have my own boat. Always bummin rides and hopin the phone rings. I'm fortunate for the 2-3 times I do go, but it's hell not having the same wake, boat, freedom to hitch up whenever I please... soon, very soon....

www.enemyofevilclothing.com
Old    grizzle            11-11-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
I guess we are all fortunate in that we are able to ride as often as we do... Even though we live in hell from time to time.

Danny,
Dropping $$ on boat repairs can also be hell ! Good luck with the Wakesetter VLX, my brother has the Sunsetter = sweet boat !