Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-24-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
wow.

i have been riding the new era boots the last two days at OWC. Usually i hesitate riding new equipment (not broken in) during the winter for obvious reasons.

these things are sick. the flex of the bindings are impressive right out of the box. i like to press and poke, and new bindings are always working against me, but not these guys.

the tightening system is legit too. both the laces and boa do waht they are supposed to do, and stay locked in. hyperlite did it right with the new lae locks, and the design of the boa systems eyelets is perfect. there are no tight spots pressure points.

the footbed is super soft and supportive.

hyperlite also changed thier hole pattern on the board this year (some with the bindings), but the old baseplates still fit on these new boots, and you can use them on your older stuff too.

all in all i give them a 8.5 outta 10 so far (with just a few hours on them).
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-24-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
8.5 outa 10? why not a 10 rating if u liked them so much? I cant wait to get mine and try them out as well. Thats good to know about the baseplates too.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-25-2010, 4:09 AM Reply   
a 10 out of 10 means the boot had to give him a b job after getting out the water and let him stick a 9 first try. No boot gets a 10 out of 10. That is very cool though for a hyperlite boot to be so loose out of the box. I used to dread having to break in my atlas's when I was riding them. Went through 4 pair which means 4 weeks of cramping feet lol.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-25-2010, 4:13 AM Reply   
im assuming you mean the Audio boots btw
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-25-2010, 4:41 AM Reply   
i DID mean the audios...im an idiot.

and yes, a 10 outta 10 would have been given if they did what you said kyle.

im still partial to the 09 murrays..best boot ever. cant wait till the 2010's come out.