Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-29-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Go to http://wake9.com hit link at right.
Old     (wakesurfermike)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
Live footage right now, don't miss it!
Old     (wakesurfermike)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wake9-com-presents-the-1st-annual-northwest-wakesurf-challenge
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Use the link on the wake9.com home page, I may have to switch the channel on ustream. I have had to do that before due to issues.

This link should be good all day:

http://wake9.com/blogs/1st-northwest-wakesurf-open/2009/08/29/live-webcast/

And we will add more to this blog.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       08-29-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
This is great. M
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
tks for the view,i agree this is great
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Thats sick.. nice job ragboy!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Killer now I can check it out a little here at work. So bummed I can't be there today. Thanks RB!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
What boats are they running? The goofy wave looks dirty, and I was wondering if it's a normal rotation enzo weighted for goofy riding?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-29-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yep
Regular rotation Enzo
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Yeah that wave doesn't look awesome, how are they weighting it? I almost bought one the other week, because it was super cheap and I have someone that wants my boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
Well we had a great day today. The NWWSA put on a GREAT contest, it was so well planned. Special thanks to them and Inland Surfer.

I was prepared to do a webcast, but didn't say anything because I didn't want anyone to expect it, and then it didn't happen. We had a few hiccups, but it worked great. My goal on this go round was getting it done. I can't wait til the next one, wait til you see what we can do at wake9.com. Going to be a blast. Wakesurfing is a WHOLE different sport when you can watch from the boat.

Special thanks to Ed Sullivan and Jac Fought and their crew for allowing me to use some of their equipment, and hopefully improve on it a little for them with some new battery packs.

It was great to see a lot of you in the chat room as we broadcasted.

Can't wait til next time.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-30-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
I caught the last hour or so of the comp. The live broadcast was nice. Good job Robert!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-30-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
I saw a half hour or so of it! Awesome job! Thanks for putting in the extra effort!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-30-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Are you going to make some videos of highlights etc...?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
In the next week or so wake9 will have the video's in HD of every rider except Jeff Walker posted for all to see. Over 800 different people viewed a part of the contest. This was without any warning until I posted after the video had started. I can only imagine how many people will get to watch the next contest with advance warning. I spoke with Ragboy and the video quality will be much better on the next broadcast. Thanks to the Garcia family for a great production. It truly was a family effort.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
you have to applaud robert and his family's effort and time .... great things from great people .... trully amazing!!
Old    surfdad            08-30-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Just a quick piture from the event of the brodcast. This is to the monitor at the very start of James run.

Upload

The command center with Robert and Amy :-)

Upload

The technological advances being brought to the sport by wakesurf enthusiasts that have these skills from their businesses and careers seems to taking off.
Old    surfdad            08-30-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
Snake pit :-)

Upload
Old     (tapps210)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-30-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
Thanks again for doing this, looking forward to the next one.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-31-2009, 1:13 AM Reply   
Robert...you could easily 'tweak' the rockstar logo to make it an RB.

You should also find a company that makes cord organizers to sponsor you.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2009, 1:20 AM Reply   
Wow, that picture of the monitor came out very cool.

@dtw Its funny but I told the organizers and I think Jeff Walker I was going to try to broadcast the contest online, but no one else. And I asked the organizers not to say anything until it was actually broadcasting, since I wanted to be sure it was working. I tested it during practice, but you never know.

So we get there for riders meeting at 8:30 am. We had to pack up ALL equipment the night before. Gates open to the park at 9am, and the contest starts at 9:15. At the riders meeting, they announce that I am going to broadcast online. So everyone gets on their cell phones and I hear them calling relatives and friends to go to wake9.com to watch it. Oh great. Now the pressure was on. So that is why cords look so bad, I had 15 mins. It was actually pretty organized on top of the table, but not on the floor. Pretty nuts. A lot of fun though, can't wait to do it again, and take it to the next level.