Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
does any one have a 2003 chevy avalanche
i am thinking about getting one.
what gas milage do you get out of it
can you tow your boat
any other pros or cons
thanks for the help
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have 2005. I do a lot of wakesurfing so having the mid gate is real handy for some of the longer boards.

It's nice to have the seating for five when you need it.

I'm getting over 16 MPG, about 11 towing.

A good truck and a cool looking truck. If the cool factor doesn't do it for you then get a regular 4-door truck and save a few $.

Upload
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
I pull my X-Star with a 2003 Avalanche. I love the functionally. The rear seat leg room is excellent. It pulls pretty well, but I wouldn't want to have to pull through the mountains. About the same MPG as Edward stated. Watch out for the speedometer and tach going out ... common with Avalanches @ 50K miles. I had to have mine rebuilt ... dealer would not cover.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
My 04 tows fine and the non towing gas milage is decent. slightly better than 16 mpg if you keep it under 60 mph, but who does. the bed is really funtional for me. downside is the bed payload is limited. not nearly as much as a pick up. The extra lenth of the Avy vs. a Tahoe sized suv is a real plus in the towing dept. regularly towing large grades is not a plus. but it rides like a SUV and not a pick up.

one thing to watch is the trannys in the Avy. Mine went out at 25K, under warranty but I know there has been a larger number of prob. in the 03 and 04's with the trans. have it cked out. the replacement trans has been fine, I think I got around 50K on it now.
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       07-31-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have 87k on my 04 AVY. It pulls fine and milage is not too bad. Love the locking bed but as stated it is sometimes small.