Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-12-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
http://www.thewakeplace.com/?p=298
Just saw this on the wakeplace. Meagan is really getting it done! Congrats on the whirly girl.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-12-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
WOW!! If I was a board company I would get her hooked up NOW on a big contract and just let her come up as your next Froggy of girls riding.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-12-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
Kyle, it is so difficult for anybody to get anything at the moment. Companies are looking to cut people never mind give them big contracts.Almost every rider has had their salary cut. That is just the way it is at the moment.
Cable might be the future. For women anyway.Don't know how much money there will be in it though.
Old     (dclarke)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-13-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Congrats on the whirly,I must go out and practice now Tyler Clarke
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
Meagan's run at USA Wakeboard Nationals was outstanding. She is so much fun to watch. Im with Mike - Congrats on the whirly.
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Chris,
interesting- I didn't know just how much the recession was affecting professional wakeboarders...
why do you think that cable is the future for women...not men as well? Just wondering...
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Dunno,I mean it's no secret that the boat companies are struggling but I think the mens tour will survive. If Monavie hadn't stepped up last year there would not have been a Q of W anyway. So if they pull out..........? Will anybody, in this climate, or any for that matter, step up with 100K plus to sponsor a womans tour. I cannot see it.
That's why I think cable might be the future. Mainly because it is so much cheaper( no boat needed etc,etc). The problem is will there be enough prize money in cable to warrant being a pro female wakeboarder?
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-14-2009, 5:28 AM Reply   
Way to rip!! Keep up the the good work, on the water and in school. You'll go a long way.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-14-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
Congrats! I always get excited to see the ladies rip it!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-14-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
That whirly was super clean, congrats Meagan!!

(Message edited by innov8 on March 14, 2009)