Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
OHH NO ANOTHER TOP 5 thread...!?! ;)

Mentioning of Tony Fin and Herb Obrien got me thinking that a seperate category of industry people and other such individuals who are not necessarily known for their wake skills could be made

#1 Tony Fin (of course is first)

#2 Herb Obrien (pushed the industry/ sport forward with new and competitive designs and starting Hyperlite and other well known companies)

#3 Jimmy Redmon (shaping some of the most influential boards in history: flight 69-first twin tip, squirt-first shorter wider board, trip-first multifin on twin tip and defining the early day copetition formats and organizations such as the wwa)

I was really really struggling with the placement of Obrien and Redmon, but decided to put Obrien first mainly because of the competitive stress he put on the industry to get it jump started, if it were not for that fact Redmon would easily take 2nd AND 1st if Finn wasn't the guy responsible for the beginning...

#4 I am sure some other guys fit in at #4 but cant think/ decide

#5 Tony Logosz (responsible for some popular wakeboard shapes in the past such as the Neptune Impala and recently responsible for the flex board-Slingshot branch that is taking off and having major influence)

side question: who was responsible for the first 3-stage board? was that Redmon too? or someone else? If it is someone else then i think id put that person as #4