Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Was wondering which is preferred for wake to wake moves or if it really doesn't matter.
I have been riding Subtle 3 stage boards and aggressive continuous boards for a long time. Cwb guy for a while Prodigy, Absolute, Transcend, The Gator Rick g and most recently the Prospect. Really like the best of both worlds feel. Have taken a spin on a Shane, Ibex, and a couple other aggressive three stage boards.

I really like the pop but being a rider with a small bag (BR, Tant, Crow, TS Back, Ts Front all the 1's and working a consistent bs and fs 3) I am not consistently enough "aggressive" on the board to get the full advantage of a pure 3 stage board I don't think. I like the snap the 3 stage gets me off the wake but those boards worked me if I wasn't on point and aggressive.

So was just curious if a 3 stage gives you a better wake to wake ride since you are more up? Main reason trying to decide Recoil or Response from Slingshot. Been on a Response for a bit but don't have access to a Recoil to demo. I know they have the Reflex with a hybrid, but that seems to be more of a cable board which I will do 0 of.

This is all just stuff floating around in my mind while i sit here doped up from a nasty shoulder dislocation........so it very well could be that there is no advantage just a different feel. That's why I decided to ask.

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-17-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-17-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
I've been on the response and the recoil.... with that said haven't had a continous rocker since my very first board (Hyperlite Juvi).... I like the recoil much more, for my riding style it just has a much better feel.... I like going straight up and down and ride an old 210.... the response just wasn't that, the recoil is/was
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Nick,

Did you notice any difference in the Recoil being more "slippery" under foot compared to the Response? The Response is pretty easy to break free, so wasn't sure if due to the 3 stage the Recoild would be even easier. Just curious of you notcied any difference
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-17-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
I never ride my recoil with fins, so in that case it is more loose.... but I'm sure with fins they're about the same
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
the recoil will ride slower than the response too if your ok with sacrificing just a bit of speed