Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
pretty cool... might have chose a different song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlyl6oYeBo
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-29-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Thats a great song! One of their best!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-29-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
I DVRd it but haven't had a chance to watch it. We went to one of their shows at the House of Blues and they are unreal live.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
Its such simple music but sounds so good.
Its kind of funny watching a white skater looking dude sing like that, but if you close your eyes he sounds like every other Raegae (sp?)singer.
I like it!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
That is definitely one of their better songs, the horns make it flow.

EUU, you should go to a festival with a grip of bands like Slightly Stoopid. I saw them and a bunch of others at the West Beach Music Festival, it was a white boy reggae fest. The crowd was hilariously young and ridiculously high.
Old    alanp            01-29-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
i like that song alot too.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
Heavy , Ive been to my share of those back in the day. My kids will be going to things like this is a few years!!!
Down here is SoCal Common Sense used to do gigs all over the place ( Del Mar Fair, Cochella, Cabo spring breaks, San Felipe spring breaks, regulars at Belly Up) Another Band named Munkafust was a great live band, they had outstanding musicians on all instruments. They were from Santa Barbara I think but played down south every once in a while.

Both bands could have been huge Nationally with the right management but never made it. I know Common Sense is still around but they have to be in thier late 40's now.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
should say down here IN SoCal.
sorry
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
Common Sense was all over the old school original wake videos! Wake the Beast, High Wake Drifters.. I have their live album and have enjoyed it for years.

I like the song as well, and love the band, just don't think it was the best choice for mainstream. Older albums had a few songs that referenced stuff like that, now it's nearly every song and they choose one to play on mainstream television. They can play the instruments and sing a good tune without referencing that at all. I'm not 20 anymore either, I know, and neither are they.....