Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-08-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I am in the middle of a stereo upgrade and when I connected the battery today to test everything, I had no power to my accessory switches. What am I overlooking? The gauges pop on with the key turn, but still nothing to the switches. Is there a master fuse somewhere?

Thanks,
Jason
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-08-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
2008 Outback
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-08-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Trace the positive cable for the accesories away from your battery to a switchblade fuse. Make sure sure it is not tripped. Remember that pressing the red button does not fix it, it actually trips the breaker. You will have to push the black switchblade back to the correct position. Post back if that doesn't fix your problem.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-08-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
Yeah, I played with that, but didn't look into what the proper reset was. It'll prob be till next weekend, but I will try that first.

Thank you,
Jason
Old     (sc_lsv)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-08-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I had some issues like this last summer, but mine was not extreme it was however for my nav lights and it was getting dark. My problem was that one of the wire connections behind the gauges had come loose. Also with stereo upgrade, where are you putting the subs? I have 2 10's under the front seat infront of the driver in my 06 Mobius LSV and when bass hits hard, it will actually vibrate the throttle enough that it will pull back and disengage perfect pass. Just a heads up.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-08-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
My sub is behind the passenger side. Had no issues with vibrations last season. Thanks for the heads up. Since all switches are out, it has to be something central like the circuit breaker, maybe that fuse next to the circuit breaker. Is there a master fuse somewhere under the dash?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
Follow the power wire all the way back with a test light untill you get power.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-09-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
Ok, problem fixed, but I am embarrassed. Thanks for helping me focus on the circuit breaker. Yesterday was a long day, and seeing that the wire coming out of the circuit breaker for power supply was coated in black conduit with a ring of black electrical tape around it at the terminal ring, I assumed Skier's Choice was telling me this was a ground. It was not

The system is loud, and I love my WS420 so far.

Thanks guys!

J